• 1 Post By kkintea
  • 1 Post By taminca
  • 1 Post By Miking
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: New TB goodies and idea for new accessory

New TB goodies and idea for new accessory

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  433.6 KBA little late but I have been busy, inspired by taminca's really cool post about their new Aeronaut and accessories I decided to order a few more goodies with the intention of taming the "tech" pocket of my Aeronaut. It was beginning to look like a Best Buy exploded in there. I even carried over the wasabi/ultraviolet colour scheme.
Views: 640
Size:  303.1 KB
    I also ordered a black dyneema/wasabi side effect to use as a toiletries kit as my new toothbrush's travel case doesn't fit in the 3D organizer cubes. I knew I would miss the ability to hang it up so I ordered a hanger like the 3D cubes use. My shipment arrived just as I was about to head out of town for the week so I quickly shuffled the gear that needed to be shuffled into new accessories and fabricated this part from the hook and a utility key strap
Views: 609
Size:  236.1 KB
    Excuse the horrible red stitching, I was in a hurry and it was what my machine already had loaded in it. I don't think Kieu needs to fear for her job...

What do you see as the advantage of this arrangement over the 3D Packing Cube?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I think the advantage is that the enormous toothbrush case (??) doesn't fit in the 3D cube. The side effect is wider, but isn't made to 'hang'.
    Miking likes this.

Thanks for the reference to my post, Miking. Ooooh...I do love the black dyneema/wasabi side effect! I've been putting that off for higher-priority TB acquisitions, but now that I've seen yours... And the HANGER... What a great idea! I did not know that the hanger was available from the TB site. Will have to plow through the Parts page (assuming that's where it is located).

Speaking of higher-priority acquisitions... Am rushing off now to play with my new black/aubergine/wasabi Smart Alec that came in the mail today! Am testing it out as a camera bag for my DSLR, lenses and tripod.
    Miking likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    What do you see as the advantage of this arrangement over the 3D Packing Cube?
    Kkintea got it, my Sonicare toothbrush's hard carry/USB charging case is just too long to fit in the 3D cube I was using up until recently. I tried going a while using the 3D cube for everything else and carrying the toothbrush separately but it was just a pain, the side effect also has 30 more cubic inches to play with so even with the toothbrush it makes everything less crowded and easier to access and with three extra pockets and o-rings galore it is far more organized.
Views: 473
Size:  454.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Thanks for the reference to my post, Miking. Ooooh...I do love the black dyneema/wasabi side effect! I've been putting that off for higher-priority TB acquisitions, but now that I've seen yours... And the HANGER... What a great idea! I did not know that the hanger was available from the TB site. Will have to plow through the Parts page (assuming that's where it is located).

Speaking of higher-priority acquisitions... Am rushing off now to play with my new black/aubergine/wasabi Smart Alec that came in the mail today! Am testing it out as a camera bag for my DSLR, lenses and tripod.
    The hook technically isn't listed at the moment, I had to talk to customer service about it, maybe they will add it to the parts page, or even better yet sell a completed version of the hanger, I am sure TB could come up with something even better and I am sure I am not the only one who would like a little extra capacity for my hanging toiletries bag. With two hangers or repositioning the o-ring to the middle you could even hang a packing cube shoulder bag.

Good luck with the Smart Alec, just don't post any pictures my wallet is still recovering from xmas...:p
    Last edited by Miking; 01-29-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks for explaining about the hook, Miking. No wonder I could not find it on the website. And just for you, I will have to post pictures of the Smart Alec this weekend! I even continued the wasabi/ultraviolet color scheme : )
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

The hanger part would be so useful!

It could be paired with a Key Strap by itself which could be clipped to an O-ring or a key strap and a handle strap to make a mini hand drying rack for the day hand laundry and scarves, or an utility strap to make an accessory mini hanger for belts (unlike the hotels hangers, I would know where they have been)

It could also be used for craft for hanging stuff that need to dry (watercolors before closing the FJN); children paintings, thing in the kitchen or the bathroom when one is at a hotel or rents.
    Miking likes this.

Forgive this question if it seems silly: would a hanger-on-an-o-ring arrangement like that eventually fatigue the Side Effect, or is that a study connection?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Forgive this question if it seems silly: would a hanger-on-an-o-ring arrangement like that eventually fatigue the Side Effect, or is that a study connection?
    The whole deal doesn't even register on my scale so I'm not sure how much it weighs, I am guessing well less than a pound, around the o-ring connection it looks like it is stitched for the seam, stitched for the webbing the o-ring is connected to, stitched for the binding tape and finally bar-tacked where the webbing meets the bag. I don't think it is going anywhere!

For smaller bags/accessories loaded with heavier stuff. 2 Long Key Straps could be clipped to the hanger accessory and each side O-ring forming a triangle, so the load bearing would be on the steel accessory, and balanced on each side of the bag/accessory and not concentrated on the middle.

Just to make sure I interpret the coloring of Miking's photographs correctly:

Miking's all-dyneema Side Effect has a black exterior and a wasabi interior lining. The all-dyneema 3D Clear Packing Cube has an ultraviolet exterior. And the Clear-Quarter Packing Cube has a wasabi-dyneema lining/exterior. And is that a "Pen/Pencil" Clear Organizer Pouch with a Wasabi cordura backing?

MtnMan, I'm sure milking will chime in but the pencil case could also be kiwi ballistic. I expanded the photo and the texture looks a lot like ballistic. It'll be interesting to find out.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

It is actually a size 2 knitting tool pouch in kiwi, should have flipped it over. I am not sure what I will use it for in the end but in a way that I have too many uses for it so I may have to order another one. There is also a solar key strap hiding in between the bags.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0