Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Photo Request: Navy ballistic next to Nordic Dyneema

Photo Request: Navy ballistic next to Nordic Dyneema

I have a Navy/Iberian Co-Pilot and I'm currently drooling over the Nordic Dyneema/Steel Aeronaut. Can someone post a photo of anything Navy ballistic next to anything Nordic Dyneema? I know they won't match exactly but I'm curious how they look together. Thanks!

On a side-note, I wonder if the Aeronaut in Nordic Dyneema will be offered with more colorful interiors instead of just Steel.
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

See post # 53 and # 58 on the thread, "your photos are needed."

The photos are not great, but may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    See post # 53 and # 58 on the thread, "your photos are needed."

The photos are not great, but may help.
    Thanks! Looks like the Nordic Dyneema is a bit lighter than the Navy. They still look great together :)
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

Jeff, I visited the factory and saw Navy Ballistic in person, it is, a light Navy, I also have Nordic Dyneema bags and I can assure you that they will both match.

In low light, as in picture # 58 Nordic and Navy are darker than in picture #53 which seems to have a flash feedback.

Both will look gorgeous together, I don't know if I should thank you for reminding me that after Aubergine, I want a Navy set of Ballistic bags.

Most probably Pilot, Swift and Little Swift (they can pass as "purses")

If you are not sure, you might try to get a Small Pouch in Nordic or ask for a fabric sample.
    Last edited by backpack; 01-24-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Thanks! Looks like the Nordic Dyneema is a bit lighter than the Navy. They still look great together :)
    Actually, that's not quite true. It's the reflective sheen and the white grid lines in the Nordic Dyneema that gives that impression (with many pictures making the Nordic shade look more like Sapphire). Nordic does look good with navy ballistic and 420d HTP Parapack.

Does this help? I have a love affair with Navy and Nordic. I think they pair very nicely together!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a gorgeous collection Mausermama!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    Does this help? I have a love affair with Navy and Nordic. I think they pair very nicely together!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    @Mausermama I was just doing a search for that attachment to post a link to it when your post popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Jeff, I visited the factory and saw Navy Ballistic in person, it is, a light Navy, I also have Nordic Dyneema bags and I can assure you that they will both match.

In low light, as in picture # 58 Nordic and Navy are darker than in picture #53 which seems to have a flash feedback.

Both will look gorgeous together, I don't know if I should thank you for reminding me that after Aubergine, I want a Navy set of Ballistic bags.

Most probably Pilot, Swift and Little Swift (they can pass as "purses")

If you are not sure, you might try to get a Small Pouch in Nordic or ask for a fabric sample.
    Thanks for the info. I have a Navy / Iberian Co-Pilot and it's fantastic! I'm torn between the Nordic Dyneema Aeronaut and the Steel Ballistic Aeronaut. I wish the Nordic Dyneema Aeronaut had a different interior color other than Steel. I like the lighter Dyneema fabrics for bag interiors, they seem to light up the bag making it easier to find things.
    terayon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Actually, that's not quite true. It's the reflective sheen and the white grid lines in the Nordic Dyneema that gives that impression (with many pictures making the Nordic shade look more like Sapphire). Nordic does look good with navy ballistic and 420d HTP Parapack.
    Gotcha, I see what you mean. I may have to order a Nordic MCB one of these days or get a sample, haha!

Mausermama: what sizes are the Synapses? Great group photo. Need to be put on TB's Flickr page.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by helen_uk View Post
    What a gorgeous collection Mausermama!
    Thanks! Since that time, I've added a Western Flyer in Nordic, and now I'm waiting on my new Pilot and Side Effect to show up in the same fabric! My all time favorite combination of the Nordic is Nordic/UV, but I'm sure I will enjoy the Solar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Mausermama: what sizes are the Synapses? Great group photo. Need to be put on TB's Flickr page.

They are both 19s, the older style. As much as a 25 intrigues me, it's lower down on the list than the Pilot at the moment. It might be a handy thing to have when I head to Colorado this summer to hike Quandary Peak, although I'm planning on doing it with my navy Synapse 19. I have to be careful how much weight I put on my back these days. I'm, ahem, no longer in my 20's, and my back and neck start to complain if I over tax them.
    Last edited by Mausermama; 01-24-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Plus parapack!

1. upper left: parapack navy (small cafe bag)
    2. right: Nordic dyneema (shop bag)
    3. lower left: ballistic navy (Aeronaut)

It is HARD to get these colors to show up right. Sorry I don't have any navy Cordura!

Name:  2014-02-01 15.33.00 copy.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  736.9 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by readmore View Post
    Plus parapack!

1. upper left: parapack navy (small cafe bag)
    2. right: Nordic dyneema (shop bag)
    3. lower left: ballistic navy (Aeronaut)

It is HARD to get these colors to show up right. Sorry I don't have any navy Cordura!

Name:  2014-02-01 15.33.00 copy.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  736.9 KB
    I'd say that the Cordura Navy is intermediate between the Navy color of the HT Parapack Nylon and the Ballistic Nylon. it has a darker tone than the Ballistic Nylon (maybe in part, because the fibers are not reflective the same way as for the Ballistic Nylon and the HT Parapack Nylon weaves), but it has a slightly darker cast than the Ballistic Nylon navy. For the comparison of these two solid Navy colors (Ballistic Nylon and HT Nylon Parapack Navy), you can also check gochicken's photos in the 420d HT Nylon Classic Parapack thread. The Nordic Dyneema that is the subject of this thread request is even harder to compare in pictures with Ballistic Nylon Navy because of the reflective sheen of the woven fiber. But anyone who sees the Nordic lining of a Kiwi/Nordic Pocket Pouch knows that Nordic has a dark, midnight cast to its blue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0