Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Photo Request: Navy ballistic next to Nordic Dyneema

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    But anyone who sees the Nordic lining of a Kiwi/Nordic Pocket Pouch knows that Nordic has a dark, midnight cast to its blue.
    As a local customer I get to go to the store, so I've seen almost every product in the past eight or so years I've been a customer. Of all the colors and fabrics, I'd say Nordic dyneema is the one you absolutely must see in person to appreciate fully. The Nordic large shop bag is probably one of my favorite products of all time.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by readmore View Post
    As a local customer I get to go to the store, so I've seen almost every product in the past eight or so years I've been a customer. Of all the colors and fabrics, I'd say Nordic dyneema is the one you absolutely must see in person to appreciate fully. The Nordic large shop bag is probably one of my favorite products of all time.
    Lucky, lucky you! I've never had a chance to visit the Tom Bihn store or factory in person. But I agree that Nordic is difficult to convey well in pictures. The other thing that's difficult to get across is the texture of the 400d Dyneema fabric (Steel, Nordic, and Black). It really doesn't extrapolate well from the feel of the 200d Dyneema, but is much more like a flexible fabric, which is the tactile sensation that makes me prefer it over the Parapack for my Side Effect and Little Swift, and why I chose this fabric for ordering my Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by readmore View Post
    I'm so jealous that you get to go to the store! But, on the other hand, I am also a little relieved that I cannot since there is no way I could control myself if I were in Seattle...not that I am doing such a good job with my Tom Bihn Acquisition Syndrome almost 800 miles away. UPS Ground gets my TB goodies here in two days : )
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I'd say that the Cordura Navy is intermediate between the Navy color of the HT Parapack Nylon and the Ballistic Nylon. it has a darker tone than the Ballistic Nylon (maybe in part, because the fibers are not reflective the same way as for the Ballistic Nylon and the HT Parapack Nylon weaves), but it has a slightly darker cast than the Ballistic Nylon navy. For the comparison of these two solid Navy colors (Ballistic Nylon and HT Nylon Parapack Navy), you can also check gochicken's photos in the 420d HT Nylon Classic Parapack thread. The Nordic Dyneema that is the subject of this thread request is even harder to compare in pictures with Ballistic Nylon Navy because of the reflective sheen of the woven fiber. But anyone who sees the Nordic lining of a Kiwi/Nordic Pocket Pouch knows that Nordic has a dark, midnight cast to its blue.
    Since I seem to have spend the better part of the past 3 days staring at my new nordic/solar Pilot - trying to decide how I feel about a blue bag...

Moriond is right, nordic does have a "midnight cast" to it's blue - especially late at night without bright lights around, when it gets really close to black it is so dark. Then the next morning, when the sun is back out - it once again moves closer to a royal blue - but not quite that bright. And then on other occasions, I see hints of purple (well probably indigo - but moving toward the purple side of the blue spectrum).

Of all the Bihn colors (and most of them seem to be in my house right now (must make decisions, must cut off some tags and return other bags, must, must, must...)) nordic seems to have the most variation as one goes through the day. Bright and playful by day, serious and elegant by night...

Thanks for the pics & comments, everyone! I'm kind of waiting for a Nordic Dyneema Aeronaut with a colorful interior like solar, ultraviolet, Iberian, instead of steel. Hope TB makes one of those options available. Until then I'll keep drooling over Nordic, haha!
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0