• 1 Post By maverick
  • 1 Post By Tlacltme
  • 1 Post By taminca
  • 4 Post By Jeff A
  • 3 Post By B-Plus
  • 1 Post By bltkmt

Thread: My Patriotic Co-Pilot Is Here

My Patriotic Co-Pilot Is Here

My new TB bag safely made it to snowy Wisconsin, a beautiful Navy/Iberian Co-Pilot! The navy ballistic nylon has a beautiful sheen to it that is hard to capture in a photo. I kept the regular shoulder strap that comes with the Co-Pilot, it's very comfy. My girlfriend's Co-Pilot has the Absolute Strap so we have options, well, if she wants to share that is, haha!

Also pictured is my first Travel Stuff Sack, it's a size 2 and ultraviolet in color. Matches my ultraviolet clear pouch. Will definitely be ordering more sacks in different sizes and a travel tray.

My iPad mini (in an Otterbox Defender case) and Side Effect (loaded with pens, pencils, large Leatherman multi-tool, flashlight, mints, etc.) are in the back pockets. I filled up the Travel Stuff Sack with some clothes and it easily slid in front of the Side Effect and there's plenty of room on the other side in front of the iPad mini. Pretty sure I have to replace the Wasabi key strap that attaches to the Side Effect with a black or iberian strap. Looks great in my black/wasabi Synapse 25 but clashes a bit with this Co-Pilot. I'll be adding a new Moleskine Reporter Hard Cover Notebook (great for us lefties) to the main compartment when it arrives next week for website designs and interface sketches.

The left front pocket contains an ultraviolet clear pouch with Apple cables for my iPad mini and iPhone. Of course my iPhone slips right into the suede iPhone pocket built into the bag. The 2013 mystery gift pouch in steel parapack is also in the left pocket behind the clear pouch. The right pocket contains a set of Bose earbuds in its case and an older Waterfield zipper pouch for my wallet, both attached to one black key strap. I definitely will be replacing this with a TB wallet pouch in the near future.

The front middle pocket is holding my JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker (JBL neoprene case not pictured), which I absolutely love and will now take everywhere. To my ears it sounds better than my son's Jambox. I'm a picky musician ;) I also added TB zipper pulls, which definitely makes it easier to use. Always shocked how much fits in Tom Bihn bags without them looking like they're overstuffed, just amazing!

I'm leaving for a trip in three weeks, driving straight south to Bilox, MS for a week on the beach. Our two Co-Pilots and one Synapse 25 are coming along for the journey. Next bag will probably be an Aeronaut and possibly a Tri-Star for our big trip to Cozumel next year. Hope you all enjoy the pictures :)

Name:  co-pilot_pouch.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  318.4 KB

Name:  rear_pockets.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  231.6 KB

Name:  travel_sack.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  337.9 KB

Name:  parapack_pouch.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  369.5 KB

Name:  jbl.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  347.8 KB
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Congratulations on your new co-pilot, Jeff! The navy-iberian combination looks awesome!
    Jeff A likes this.
    -m

Isn't the navy/iberian combination stunning?!

What great photos! Thanks for posting them! Enjoy your new Co-Pilot!
    Jeff A likes this.

Wow! My favorite color combinations are black/wasabi and aubergine/wasabi, but your photos have intrigued me. Hmm...maybe a baby step next to... black/iberian or navy/wasabi?
    Jeff A likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

First day on the job for my Co-Pilot! Loaded up with my iPad mini, Galaxy Tab 2, Black Dyneema Side Effect, water bottle and various TB pouches. My boss said, "Wow! That is a cool bag!" I promptly sent him a link to the TB site and gave him a demo. Evangelizin' on a Monday :)

Name:  co-pilot_day1.JPG
Views: 512
Size:  392.0 KB
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

I received mine last week in navy/solar. This bag is such a thing of beauty! My only regret is not ordering more accessories I don't really need.

+1 on the JBL Flip! I bought a reconditioned one off The Bay and use it exclusively in the bathroom for shower tunes (with my iPad). It has worked flawlessly and the sound is wonderful.
    Jeff A likes this.
    --------------------------------

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0