• 2 Post By snowbot
  • 2 Post By mjpinter
  • 8 Post By mjpinter
  • 8 Post By mjpinter
  • 6 Post By mjpinter
  • 2 Post By Darcy

Thread: Co-Pilot at work

Co-Pilot at work

Thought I'd show one of my favorite features of the Co-Pilot, which I prefer as an every day carry even more than as a travel bag. It always has my Kindle or iPad Mini along with my iPhone; Side Effect with wallet; thermos; umbrella or snacks; flashlight; pepper spray and first aid kit. I really like this bag for commuting, because it's very secure (I can hold onto the top handle as well as have wrapped around my shoulder while I'm in a crowded place, and the zippers close completely, and can be secured together with a few carabiners if I feel the need.)

But one thing I really have began to like, is that it sits unobtrusively at the side of my desk, and stays upright, at least while it is against the wall, so that I can reach for anything I need, and even charge my electronics while keeping them inside the bag.

The Pilot has also been pre-ordered. I will probably use that as an EDC as well, switching between the two bags depending on how much I'm taking that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have a pre-order on a black dyneema Co-Pilot. I can't wait to experience this bag. Your Co-Pilot is very handsome. :)
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

I think it's really appropriate for work. On the other hand when I'm traveling it seems a little stodgy for walking around the city all day. I haven't yet found anything that works for me 100%.

The Co-Pilot is a really good bag, though, whatever you use it for.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 01-16-2014 at 06:24 PM.

I put one of those zipper pull lights on one of the small side pockets on my Imago. I was amazed at how just adding a zipper pull made the pocket more usable.

My Co-Pilot arrives today and it will be used for work, as well as travel and EDC. Really looking forward to using it!
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

The Black Dyneema Co-Pilot is absolutely beautiful--I received mine not that long ago and I couldn't be happier (this is actually my second response to someone on the forum regarding this particular bag). I found the non-Dyneema Co-Pilot to be a bit stodgy as bchaplin said, for walking around town--but the Dyneema Co-Pilot is amazingly versatile. It looks fantastic when I am carrying it to work (I am in academia), as well as when I am out and about around town, or even going into the city for the day (Boston).

Can you post a picture of the black Dyneema co-pilot? I have the fabric in a shop bag but it's not the same as I'm contemplating a pilot preorder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjpinter, I work in Boston too! In academia :)

Sorry for the delay kkintea---here are a couple of quick pictures, with some other dyneema in there for a comparison. Inside the large main pocket I have a mesh 3D organizer and a medium Arc Notebook. Hope this helps! Sorry about the over-exposure in them...the sun is setting which makes a beautiful view from my 14th floor office, but a crappy picture.

@bchaplin: Good to have a fellow Bihnite in the trenches here :) ! Attachment 5387

For some reason I can't get the other pictures to post. The error message that I am getting says that I can't post more than 5 pictures per post. I will try again this evening.

Let's try again....Attachment 5394

Attachment 5395

And crossing my fingers for one more picture :)

Oh! How beautiful! *faints*
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpinter View Post
    For some reason I can't get the other pictures to post. The error message that I am getting says that I can't post more than 5 pictures per post. I will try again this evening.
    5 photos per post?! That's lame. We'll up/increase that.. stand by.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0