• 2 Post By snowbot
  • 2 Post By mjpinter
  • 8 Post By mjpinter
  • 8 Post By mjpinter
  • 6 Post By mjpinter
  • 2 Post By Darcy

Thread: Co-Pilot at work

Co-Pilot at work

Thought I'd show one of my favorite features of the Co-Pilot, which I prefer as an every day carry even more than as a travel bag. It always has my Kindle or iPad Mini along with my iPhone; Side Effect with wallet; thermos; umbrella or snacks; flashlight; pepper spray and first aid kit. I really like this bag for commuting, because it's very secure (I can hold onto the top handle as well as have wrapped around my shoulder while I'm in a crowded place, and the zippers close completely, and can be secured together with a few carabiners if I feel the need.)

But one thing I really have began to like, is that it sits unobtrusively at the side of my desk, and stays upright, at least while it is against the wall, so that I can reach for anything I need, and even charge my electronics while keeping them inside the bag.

The Pilot has also been pre-ordered. I will probably use that as an EDC as well, switching between the two bags depending on how much I'm taking that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have a pre-order on a black dyneema Co-Pilot. I can't wait to experience this bag. Your Co-Pilot is very handsome. :)
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

I think it's really appropriate for work. On the other hand when I'm traveling it seems a little stodgy for walking around the city all day. I haven't yet found anything that works for me 100%.

The Co-Pilot is a really good bag, though, whatever you use it for.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 01-16-2014 at 06:24 PM.

I put one of those zipper pull lights on one of the small side pockets on my Imago. I was amazed at how just adding a zipper pull made the pocket more usable.

My Co-Pilot arrives today and it will be used for work, as well as travel and EDC. Really looking forward to using it!
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

The Black Dyneema Co-Pilot is absolutely beautiful--I received mine not that long ago and I couldn't be happier (this is actually my second response to someone on the forum regarding this particular bag). I found the non-Dyneema Co-Pilot to be a bit stodgy as bchaplin said, for walking around town--but the Dyneema Co-Pilot is amazingly versatile. It looks fantastic when I am carrying it to work (I am in academia), as well as when I am out and about around town, or even going into the city for the day (Boston).

Can you post a picture of the black Dyneema co-pilot? I have the fabric in a shop bag but it's not the same as I'm contemplating a pilot preorder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjpinter, I work in Boston too! In academia :)

Sorry for the delay kkintea---here are a couple of quick pictures, with some other dyneema in there for a comparison. Inside the large main pocket I have a mesh 3D organizer and a medium Arc Notebook. Hope this helps! Sorry about the over-exposure in them...the sun is setting which makes a beautiful view from my 14th floor office, but a crappy picture.

@bchaplin: Good to have a fellow Bihnite in the trenches here :) ! Name:  IMG_1873.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  727.8 KB

For some reason I can't get the other pictures to post. The error message that I am getting says that I can't post more than 5 pictures per post. I will try again this evening.

Let's try again....Name:  IMG_1872.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  230.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1874.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  217.3 KB

And crossing my fingers for one more picture :)

Oh! How beautiful! *faints*
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpinter View Post
    For some reason I can't get the other pictures to post. The error message that I am getting says that I can't post more than 5 pictures per post. I will try again this evening.
    5 photos per post?! That's lame. We'll up/increase that.. stand by.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0