Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By priceless
  • 1 Post By Lara

Thread: The Tom Bihn bag "Pre Travel" by UPS

Wink The Tom Bihn bag "Pre Travel" by UPS

I have to share.

I live less than 100 kilometres from Tom Bihn, as the crow flies. Admittedly across an international border, but still, less than 100kms north of Seattle.

Every time I order from Tom Bihn (yes, I'm a Bihn-er), we watch in awe as UPS picks up the package and starts an odd journey, often due SOUTH from Seattle.

This time, it was picked up and quickly went

First to Portland
    Then left Portland only to arrive in... Portland a little while later
    Then left Portland (again) to head to... Kentucky ??
    Leaving Kentucky
    Only to RETURN to Seattle!

And then headed north into Canada to arrive on time.

It adds the excitement of getting a new bag for me ;)

Has this happened to anyone else?

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    I experienced a sense of panic and horror the first time I tracked a Tom Bihn shipment, watching it fly across the continent in completely the wrong direction from where I was. I had a lot of doubt that it would ever reach me, but it did, and on time as well. Months later, someone else posted the interesting route their package was taking, and there was an informative response (including a link to a video) from giantsteve explaining why UPS packages visit Kentucky. The post (#1028) is here
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D All-Fabric Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

Thanks Lara! Looks like I'm going to watch another trek for the brain bag soon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little off topic but once I had a heated conversation with a Fed Ex employee who had to explain to me that my package (which was essentially going across town in NYC) had to go to the Nashville hub. I said "even if my Fed ex package is going across the street!" and he said yep.
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Yup, I live in Vancouver BC and watch my orders go from Seattle to all sorts of places south and east before finally boomeranging back north and west!

And the Tom Bihn bags never look any worse for the wear ;-)

I don't have any interesting route sagas, but my last TB order was expected to arrive at my home on a Thursday. It arrived at my local UPS on the Saturday before. It sat there until Thursday when they delivered it. Can Tom Bihn maybe teach them some lessons on exceeding customer expectations? :) (Granted this was a holiday week, but there were still two delivery days before that Thursday.)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0