Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By 123veo
  • 1 Post By Gumby
  • 2 Post By taminca
  • 1 Post By monkeylady

Thread: Christmas Co-Pilot

Christmas Co-Pilot

Oh boy!!!!!! LOVE my new black dyneema/wasabi dyneema Co-Pilot! I used to have steel ballistic/UV co-pilot, but my partner has co-opted it. But this one, now this one is like candy. The black dyneema is spectacular, a very deeeeeeep black from which the black gridlines pop. Included with my Christmas Co-Pilot I received new zipper pulls and a new strap:

I added the new zipper pulls to the existing ones (i.e. I did not cut off the metal pulls, just added new pulls to the end of the metal ones) - the pulls are red and reflective silver paracord with monkey fist knot ends and are made by Chums: Amazon.com: Chums Zipper Pull Paracord (Pack of 3), Reflective Red: Sports & Outdoors

I replaced the standard strap on the Co-Pilot with an OP/TECH USA Mini SOS Strap - it is essentially the Absolute Strap, but mini - it is shorter, lighter, narrower. The materials look reasonably sturdy: no loose threads, decent hardware, and entirely made in the USA: Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Mini S.O.S. Strap - Black: Camera & Photo

Merry Christmas everyone!

Name:  copilot1.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  487.8 KB

Name:  copilot2.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  411.0 KB
    Last edited by 123veo; 12-25-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    I replaced the standard strap on the Co-Pilot with an OP/TECH USA Mini SOS Strap - it is essentially the Absolute Strap, but mini - it is shorter, lighter, narrower.
    That's nice! I've had a ballistic black CP for a year now and love it. Got an Absolute for it, but that strap is a bit overkill. I think I'll get the mini SOS. Great find, thanks!
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

That really is beautiful! I like those zipper pulls a lot.

Beautiful! I also received a Co-Pilot for Christmas: steel dyneema/solar. Love at first sight. And after loading it up with my work stuff, the Co-Pilot looks so good it almost makes me look forward to going back to work. Almost. :-)
    123veo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    I replaced the standard strap on the Co-Pilot with an OP/TECH USA Mini SOS Strap - it is essentially the Absolute Strap, but mini - it is shorter, lighter, narrower. The materials look reasonably sturdy: no loose threads, decent hardware, and entirely made in the USA: Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Mini S.O.S. Strap - Black: Camera & Photo
    Thanks, 123veo, for the tip on the Mini SOS strap. I got one and it is wonderfully comfortable!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Wonderful tip about the smaller strap. I recently ordered/received one based on your advice. You're right. It's perfect for the bag.
    Last edited by monkeylady; 12-31-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling error
    123veo likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.