Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: My first "What's in my bag?" video: Synapse 25

My first "What's in my bag?" video: Synapse 25

Finally got around to my first ever TB video. It went a little long because, like others on the forum, I'm a nerd when it comes to describing my gadgets.

I describe and show the Side Effect "hanging pocket" implementation at about 6:40.

Bottom Pocket
    * Snake Charmer (Black)

Side Pocket #1
    * #1 Stuff Sack (Iberian) w/ 13” MacBook Air Charger and Microfiber Cloth
    * Bose QC20i

Side Pocket #2
    * #1 Stuff Sack (Steel)
    * NukePac Charger
    * 2x 0.5m Lightning Cables
    * 2x USB to Micro USB cables
    * Pens
    * Streamlight Stylus Pro

Small Front Pocket
    * EarPods
    * Tom Bihn Pocket Pouch for company ID
    * Tic Tacs
    * Business Card holder

Water Bottle Pocket
    * iPad mini in Cache for iPad mini * Sometimes another iPad mini

Main Pocket
    * 13” MacBook Air in Cache
    * SideEffect (Black)
    * Jackery Giant
    * Verizon MiFi
    * Streamlight Microstream
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

That was really well done! Great ideas!!! Thanks for taking time to put it together for us.
    eWalker likes this.

Awesome video! I have the same exact Synapse 25 :) I ordered a Side Effect earlier this week and some S-biners so I'll be set. Definitely need to get a stuff sack or two one of these days.

I have my iPad Mini in an Otterbox Defender inside of the water pocket. Not using a cache right now for it, pretty safe in the Defender. Happy holidays to you!
    eWalker likes this.

Great Video Scott!

The use of the Travel Stuff Sacks is really wonderful to see the scale of the Synapse 25.

The mix of all those things with either the Apple or Tom Bihn logo makes this fan girl very very happy!

Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!
    eWalker likes this.

Link please. Chasing my tail on this thread.

Thanks!
    Peace!
    eWalker likes this.

Great video! You even punctuated your feelings by slapping the table (and shaking the camera). Gotta love that! You know that "fan" is short for "fanatic"!

Really neat view of the Synapse 25, the Stuff Sacks, and the Side Effect. Super cool.

What do you do for Apple?
    eWalker likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by roarmouse View Post
    Link please. Chasing my tail on this thread.

Thanks!
    Peace!
    You must be viewing from a browser on your phone, I think. Try this link instead:http://youtu.be/kVaKgCDNjSg

When I have difficulty seeing an item, I try to reply with quote. Then I look for the code that isn't showing. Scott's link works in Safari on an iPad, and in TapaTalk app, but not in Safari on my iPhone. (I just took out the video HTML elements and replaced them with simple URL arguments)
    Last edited by moriond; 12-19-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

Thanks,moriond! You were correct. Still,no link appeared here and YT was playing dumb with results. *shrug* All good now :)

Peace!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The mix of all those things with either the Apple or Tom Bihn logo makes this fan girl very very happy!
    Truly a match made in heaven!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

Cool video .. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

One interesting feature in ScottE22's video is that it shows him carrying an iPad Mini (with Smart Case attached) in an iPad Mini Cache, all kept in the Synapse 25's water-bottle-compartment.

My question: can the same arrangement work in a Synapse 19?
    eWalker likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    One interesting feature in ScottE22's video is that it shows him carrying an iPad Mini (with Smart Case attached) in an iPad Mini Cache, all kept in the Synapse 25's water-bottle-compartment.

My question: can the same arrangement work in a Synapse 19?
    Yes, if you don't use your water bottle pocket for a water bottle, it's a convenient place to store your iPad Mini or Kindle in either the Synapse 19 or 25.
    eWalker likes this.

Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question:

Do you ever need to pack a surge strip and/or extension cord in your rig for times when you need power? If so, what do you prefer to carry?
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, if you don't use your water bottle pocket for a water bottle, it's a convenient place to store your iPad Mini or Kindle in either the Synapse 19 or 25.
    I tried it out with my Nexus 7 in my Synapse 19 and it fits easily!
    But I don't have a case, so use a medium padded pouch, which doesn't fit, so I'll have to continue putting it in the in the elastic pocket of the main compartment.
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question:

Do you ever need to pack a surge strip and/or extension cord in your rig for times when you need power? If so, what do you prefer to carry?
    Not ScottE22, but I sometimes carry a Monster Outlets to Go powerstrip in one of my Synapse side pockets. I actually prefer the 4 outlet powerstrip(which seems currently out of stock at Amazon, so I've first linked to the 3-outlet version), but is available elsewhere.

I don't need the extension distance, just the multiple outlets. Also, when traveling abroad, you only need a single power adapter for the main plug of the outlet.
    eWalker likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0