Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: My first "What's in my bag?" video: Synapse 25

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    One has a vertical flap,
    The other has a horizontal flap.
    :-)
    @Trailhiker That was also my immediate thought!
    eWalker likes this.

Another idea: is there anything on the outside of a Cache for iPad where one could tie a colored ribbon for an identifier?

I used a Brain Cell for my MacBook Pro (before it died a little over a year ago), so I've never used a Cache.
    eWalker likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

The iPad Mini also fits in the Medium Padded Pouch.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The iPad Mini also fits in the Medium Padded Pouch.
    You know,
    I've seen references to that fact.
    My only hesitation would be the potential scratch/opps factor
    between the mini and the zipper when taking it in and out.

eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    You know,
    I've seen references to that fact.
    My only hesitation would be the potential scratch/opps factor
    between the mini and the zipper when taking it in and out.

The references were most probably mine, I have carried an early point and shoot, a small camcorder and my iPad mini first edition with a simple cover in my Medium Padded Pouch. I don't like to replace my stuff often, and there has been no scratch on the camera, the camcorder or the iPad mini.

I lent the same Padded Pouch to my husband to carry his Nexus 7 which has no cover of any kind, he liked it and I ordered an extra one for him. It has been in use for at least a year, if not two, the Padded Pouch and the Nexus 7 look new.
    This is under normal, everyday use.

I carry my iPad mini a Cache for netbook because, I added a Zagg Keyboard for a trip.
    I also have a Cache ancestor for an earlier Mac.

The Medium Padded Pouch, the iPad mini Cache or an Air Cache/netbook Cache if you have an add on Keyboard are the best protection you can find for your electronic.

Unlike other cases, it doesn't scream: "look I have expensive electronic in there"
    MtnMan and eWalker like this.

Are TB's "Nook Pouches" too small for the iPad Mini? Look like they might be but I wanted to make sure.
    eWalker likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

UPDATE: Beau from Tom Bihn replied to my query via e-mail:

Yeah, it looks like it should fit. The iPad Mini can also fit into a Padded Organizer Pouch in the Medium and SuperDrive sizes.

If any other questions come up, send them our way!

Beau Blumenstein
    Lead Bag Guru
    TOM BIHN
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    Travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. The best materials and innovative construction since 1972 - TomBihn.com
    eWalker likes this.

In ScottE22's video on his packing of the Synapse 25, at 1:45 into the presentation Scott mentions some items he keeps in his Tom Bihn Snake Charmer utility pouch. He mentions network cables, an HDMI cable, and some kind of adaptor that allows him to plug an AppleTV device into a digital projector. It sounds like he says "Connex" or "Kinnex" or "Connects", but I cannot be sure. As I am considering the purchase of an iPad Mini for facilitating ultra-portable presentations on-the-road, I was very intrigued by this. Does anyone know what adaptor Scott is referring to, and where I can price/purchase one? I may private-message Scott directly if nobody else knows. This prospect really intrigues me, as I have been thinking seriously about assembling a mobile presentation connectivity kit for this purpose.
    eWalker likes this.

It's a Kanex adapter. Apple TVs only have an HDMI port, and some projectors only have a VGA port, so the adapter is basically HDMI to VGA.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    It's a Kanex adapter. Apple TVs only have an HDMI port, and some projectors only have a VGA port, so the adapter is basically HDMI to VGA.

This. It's a great adapter especially because it doesn't require external power.

Sorry I've been absent from the forums!
    eWalker likes this.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    UPDATE: Beau from Tom Bihn replied to my query via e-mail:
    @MtnMan I'm not trying to dispute your quote of Beau's comment that the iPad Mini will fit into the Nook Pouches or the SuperDrive pouches:

Yeah, it looks like it should fit. The iPad Mini can also fit into a Padded Organizer Pouch in the Medium and SuperDrive sizes.
    but I think this is based on the Accessory Product pages' quoting the outer dimensions of these pouches, which also do not assume a thickness for the device you want to place inside. Please take a look at the photo of the iPad Mini compared to the Medium Padded Organizer Pouch and the Padded USB SuperDrive pouch in this post answering @UK-Limey's question about a pouch that could fit his iPad Mini, Logitech keyboard, and folded headset. I certainly wouldn't try to fit a 7.87" 5.3" 0.28" (200 134.7 7.2 mm) iPad Mini (Apple's dimensions) into a pouch designed for a 5.47" 5.47" 0.67" (139 139 17 mm) USB SuperDrive (also Apple's dimensions, and consistent with the dimensions of my padded SuperDrive Pouch). I think the larger NOOK Color™ or Tablet™ Pouch (only available in Ultrasuede, not padded version: 6.7" x 9.8" / 170 x 250 mm) might work for this, as being slightly smaller than the Medium Size Organizer Pouch, but you're probably better off consider the iPad Mini Cache, one of the 7" Tablet Caches, or the Medium Size Padded Organizer Pouch if you want a larger option.

moriond
    eWalker likes this.

Thanks, Tachiyaku and ScottE22!

So, if I understand this correctly, you can plug the AppleTV into an HDTV and play slideshows wirelessly from your iPad, through the AppleTV, to an HDTV. Is this correct?

And, with the Kanex adaptor, you can connect an AppleTV to and ordinary digital projector's VGA port, allowing for your your iPad to wirelessly play slideshows to to a projector.

Am I getting this right?
    eWalker likes this.

Yes, that's exactly it.

eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @MtnMan I'm not trying to dispute your quote of Beau's comment that the iPad Mini will fit into the Nook Pouches or the SuperDrive pouches:

but I think this is based on the Accessory Product pages' quoting the outer dimensions of these pouches, which also do not assume a thickness for the device you want to place inside. Please take a look at the photo of the iPad Mini compared to the Medium Padded Organizer Pouch and the Padded USB SuperDrive pouch in this post answering @UK-Limey's question about a pouch that could fit his iPad Mini, Logitech keyboard, and folded headset. I certainly wouldn't try to fit a 7.87" 5.3" 0.28" (200 134.7 7.2 mm) iPad Mini (Apple's dimensions) into a pouch designed for a 5.47" 5.47" 0.67" (139 139 17 mm) USB SuperDrive (also Apple's dimensions, and consistent with the dimensions of my padded SuperDrive Pouch). I think the larger NOOK Color™ or Tablet™ Pouch (only available in Ultrasuede, not padded version: 6.7" x 9.8" / 170 x 250 mm) might work for this, as being slightly smaller than the Medium Size Organizer Pouch, but you're probably better off consider the iPad Mini Cache, one of the 7" Tablet Caches, or the Medium Size Padded Organizer Pouch if you want a larger option.

moriond
    All I need to know is which TB zippered pouches are compatible with the iPad Mini. When I have that nailed down, once I decide to order an iPad, I'll be in good shape!

Does this narrow it down now?

Thanks, moriond!
    eWalker likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0