Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: with the small cafe bag

Volunteer Moderator

with the small cafe bag

at sticky fingers for vegan pancakes...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by maverick; 12-14-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    with the co-pilot

Volunteer Moderator
    @maverick I love the bright colors of the Cordura options of the Cafe bag, and sigh for the color options we used to have. That's the Small Cafe Bag in Crimson, isn't it? See darbs' post from a year and a half ago, :( Say it ain't so! No more Crimson SCB???. I just received a Plum/Wasabi SCB a couple of days ago -- wanted to make sure I had one of these in case they stop the Cordura production entirely.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    ni moriond!

i hope that you're doing well!

indeed, that is the small cafe bag in crimson/steel. it is a beautiful color! but i love the feel of the parapack fabric! i have only seen the olive in person, and while not bright like crimson, it has a beautiful sheen! and i think that is true for the other parapack fabric colors - they may look more reserved from a distance, but you get up close, and they dazzle you with the way catch light and the way they feel!

i also think it's pretty darned cool that tom bihn introduced an altogether new fabric in 4 color choices and made it available across so many of their bags at once!

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi Maverick,
    Indeed, Olive Parapack is even nicer in person than the photographs show, although my favorite is Navy - I ordered the Lead's Pocket in Navy. I do like the Parapack/Dyneema color options for the Cafe Bags, but I miss the brighter colors of Cordura. I really like the Parapack fabric with the mesh cubes, too. It does seem as though red color options have greatly diminished for bag exteriors, although Cardinal is still offered for the Aeronaut and I think there is still the last batch of Western Flyer Rolling Luggage Handle Pocket bags in Cardinal/Steel. Glad to see your spot of brightness in these photos.

moriond

Maverick Jr. is really growing up.

Have a nice day. Bye, now...
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    a candy cane broke inside the small cafe bag, and as i turned it inside out to clean it, i couldn't help but notice how nice the interior of a tom bihn bag looks...

Hey, I used to live near there! (Well, within a mile. More Petworth than CH but still close.)

Is that the 500d Cordura interior?
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Hey, I used to live near there! (Well, within a mile. More Petworth than CH but still close.)

Is that the 500d Cordura interior?
    it's a small world! :)

we love coming out to columbia heights to go to sticky fingers!

that is indeed the 500d cordura interior in steel!

Volunteer Moderator
    at the pick-a-brick wall at the lego store with the small cafe bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    waiting patiently and reading while dado shops...

How old is your son, Maverick?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I'm looking at getting a nordic dyneema medium cafe bag with ultraviolet interior. What color is the interior of your son's cafe bag?
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    How old is your son, Maverick?
    8 going on 18.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    I'm looking at getting a nordic dyneema medium cafe bag with ultraviolet interior. What color is the interior of your son's cafe bag?
    first, let's get one thing straight. it's my cafe bag that i so graciously allow him to use.

second, the interior of it is ultraviolet, and it is a gorgeous color combination! although, the ultraviolet looks great with just about anything as well as by itself!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0