Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: with the small cafe bag

What an awesome post! :)

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    first, let's get one thing straight. it's my cafe bag that i so graciously allow him to use.

second, the interior of it is ultraviolet, and it is a gorgeous color combination! although, the ultraviolet looks great with just about anything as well as by itself!
    Haha! You are a gracious father, indeed. With the cafe bag closed and snapped shut does it prevent small items from falling out or is it pretty loose? How well does exterior Dyneema handle rain, is it fairly resistant or does it get wet quickly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Haha! You are a gracious father, indeed. With the cafe bag closed and snapped shut does it prevent small items from falling out or is it pretty loose? How well does exterior Dyneema handle rain, is it fairly resistant or does it get wet quickly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Jeff A!

We've never lost anything we've carried in the cafe bags. However, we're monkeys, so we make sure that lego minifigures and other small items end up either in an organizer pouch or in the zippered compartment of the cafe bags.

Rain hasn't been a problem for the dyneema fabric, but if you expect to be in downpours, I would opt to carry the Co-Pilot or Pilot - they make for a great EDC just like the cafe bags, but they have aquaguard zippers all around.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Hi Jeff A!

We've never lost anything we've carried in the cafe bags. However, we're monkeys, so we make sure that lego minifigures and other small items end up either in an organizer pouch or in the zippered compartment of the cafe bags.

Rain hasn't been a problem for the dyneema fabric, but if you expect to be in downpours, I would opt to carry the Co-Pilot or Pilot - they make for a great EDC just like the cafe bags, but they have aquaguard zippers all around.
    Thanks, maverick! Have you ever used the waist strap with the MCB while riding a bike? If so, how secure is it while biking? I would think it wouldn't move around a lot.

On a related note, before I got into Tom Bihn I purchased a Bed|Stu Trapper John messenger bag. Currently I'm placing my Side Effect, iPad mini, other TB pouches, etc. in this bag when I don't need the bigger Synapse 25. The MCB would effectively replace the Bed|Stu. The Trapper John is more horizontal, while the MCB is more vertical.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Yes - the waist strap keeps the cafe bag on your back rather than swinging around. The same is true for the ristretto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Thanks, maverick! Have you ever used the waist strap with the MCB while riding a bike? If so, how secure is it while biking? I would think it wouldn't move around a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0