• 1 Post By Hollie
  • 1 Post By Mausermama
  • 1 Post By snowbot
  • 1 Post By tCook
  • 1 Post By Hollie
  • 2 Post By Hollie

Thread: Incorporating the Side Effect into the belt of a backpack

Smile Incorporating the Side Effect into the belt of a backpack

While playing around with my bags tonight, testing out different configurations, I realized that if you unbuckle the Side Effect, you can buckle them right into the waist strap of any backpack. Very useful!

This is my husband modeling my Nordic Dyneema Smart Alec, and my Navy/Iberian Side Effect. I'm obligated to note that Greg only agreed to this on the condition that I describe him in the forums as "long-suffering". Uh huh.

You'd probably want to use some of those little velcro wrappeez thingies to reign in the cascading straps, but otherwise this works great, I'm going to use it on my next trip with my Dyneema Synapse 19.

Name:  longsuffering1 copy.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  138.3 KB
    Name:  longsuffering2 copy.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  154.9 KB
    Name:  longsuffering3 copy.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  147.0 KB
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

He is awfully smiley for being long suffering. I don't blame him, everyone would smile when posing for such a lovely wife. :)

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    He is awfully smiley for being long suffering. I don't blame him, everyone would smile when posing for such a lovely wife. :)
    Awwww! Thank you! :)
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

That's a great idea! I love my Synapse, but it is no fun to have to take it off to get out the camera or pull out my wallet. I could put those items in the front, and I'd be set free! Thanks!

Hollie, that's brilliant!

Great idea - and he's awesome! Team player right there.

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you liked the idea.

It's also great how easy it is to take the Side Effect off, if you want to stow it or hold it in hand. You just clip it off. It isn't clumsy at all. I'm going to use this a lot, too. It will be great just toting the kids around the city, for when I need to access a bus card or my wallet, or parking pass, something like that. Or camera! Assuming you have a smaller camera. I know many folks on here don't! :)

Nli
    Hmm: I recognize Omni Group logo? OmniFocus: my fav GTD app/program although I really, still, don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nli View Post
    Hmm: I recognize Omni Group logo? OmniFocus: my fav GTD app/program although I really, still, don't understand it.
    Yes! Greg is a senior engineer at Omni Group. He's actually approaching his twenty year anniversary there next month! It's a great company.

I've used OmniFocus off and on for years, it's a very robust application. It's nice to have Greg as "in house support", because I also get a little lost with it sometimes.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0