Like Tree20Likes
  • 5 Post By Melissa
  • 3 Post By Melissa
  • 6 Post By Melissa
  • 4 Post By ScottS
  • 2 Post By Melissa

Thread: Iberian box art!

Red face Iberian box art!

So, I was having difficulties viewing the website with the new iPhone iOS update, so I called Tom Bihn directly and Mr Fabulous, Scott, helped me get my order right out, just in time for my trip to visit my son who just started college in Flagstaff. I let him know to "go to town!" with art work....guess what! Bert loves Iberian as much as I do!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  242.8 KB

Views: 360
Size:  325.5 KB
    Last edited by Melissa; 09-26-2013 at 07:25 PM.

I just recently got an Aeronaut last week. I was vacillating between the Western Flyer and the Aeronaut. I prefer a duffel style bag, but I thought the WF was a better size (really wished there was a smaller Aeronaut....hint, hint); I finally decided on the Aeronaut. Flagstaff can get chilly in autumn (compared to what I'm used to here in San Diego)

I packed up all my gear easily into the Aeronaut. It all fits comfortably without being "stuffed" with a little room left for shopping purchases.
    Last edited by Melissa; 09-26-2013 at 07:42 PM.

We are going for 4 days, including a couple of separate evening functions that we need to dress for.

Views: 348
Size:  250.9 KB

Packing List

Robe/cover-up
    Convertible dress/skirt
    Bathing suit
    Mini dress/tunic
    Tights
    Camisole
    Capri leggings
    Leggings
    Bra
    Panties
    Socks
    Long sleeve shirt
    Hat
    Toiletries
    Jewelry
    Hair clips/bands
    Long sleeve shirts(2)
    Polar shirt
    Longer Denim skirt
    Denim jeans
    Polar headband and neck cowl
    Gloves
    Polar fleece pullover
    Rain Jacket
    iPad
    iPhone
    Bose speaker
    Chargers and cords
    Sneakers
    Current knitting project
    Side effect

So my bag is packed and I'm ready to go at 4:30 am tomorrow morning

Views: 343
Size:  184.7 KB

Views: 332
Size:  157.5 KB

Thanks again for the artwork....SO MUCH FUN IN ONE BOX!!!!

Who was my artist? Was it you, Scott?!?!

@Melissa, what size stuff sack do you have next to the packing cube shoulder bag in the aeronaut's end pocket? Thinking of trying this on my next trip...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Was it you, Scott?!?!
    Yes it was! I knew we had to do something related to Iberian, so the idea of drawing a kilt entered my mind. And who better to wear a kilt than Bert! As you know, Ernie wouldn't be caught dead in a kilt...
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @Melissa, what size stuff sack do you have next to the packing cube shoulder bag in the aeronaut's end pocket? Thinking of trying this on my next trip...
    It's actually the small yarn stuff sack with my current knitting project (warm wool socks for my son). I put it in the end pocket so I have quick access to it during flight. The Aeronaut is able to fit under the seat in front of me if I put it in end first, then I can just reach down to grab my knitting.

Views: 274
Size:  668.6 KB

Wink

Love my Aeronaut! Lessons learned from inaugural trip:

1. The stuff sacks are great. I got one in each size. May or may not use one or all of them depending on the trip, but having them available was invaluable.

2. Organizer pouches...see above. Same goes for these handy organizing tools.

3. PCSB-never used it as a shoulder bag, but FABULOUS as a packing cube!!! I packed a polar fleece pullover, a rain jacket, and a sleeveless turtleneck angora sweater, and a thick, cozy winter hat in mine. The compression really helped save lots of space!!!

4. Get the absolute shoulder strap. The backpack straps are best for getting from one end of the terminal to the other, but for getting on board or maneuvering through TSA the absolute shoulder strap was a back and neck saver.

5. Be careful of packing too organized!!! The more you stuff things into stuff sacks and packing cubes and if you use the interior straps to further compress clothing, it frees up LOTS more room. When hubby sees how much room you have in that wonderful Aeronaut, he'll start giving you more stuff that he can't squeeze into his ugly old rolling bag. Then your bag will get too heavy. When you are departing from home, it's best not to compress too much. You can compress your packing when you return so that you have plenty of room for your traveling souvenir fiber, purchases! A pound of yarn weighs LESS than a pound of hubby's clothing. I know they should both weigh the same, but I'm telling you, the yarn is so much easier to carry around!!!

6. If you have a child who is a major skateboarder, do NOT let him see the Aeronaut. He will think it is the best backpack ever, and you may never see your Aeronaut again!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0