Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Hawaii
  • 1 Post By Hawaii
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: It all started with a Travel Tray (TT).. Bihn Addict?

It all started with a Travel Tray (TT).. Bihn Addict?

We have been traveling more the last 2 years, and I have been a convert to packing cubes. This led me to discover Tom Bihn and the TT. Couldn't decide between UV and Wasabi, so ordered one of each. After all, the DH would want one too. Ok, to justify the $10 shipping fee, also ordered 2 mini clear OPs.

By the time the first order arrived, I had already plotted my next order: Co-Pilot in Nordic (LOVE the color! but then BLUE is my fav color). Threw in 2 key straps as well. Oh yeah, and a absolute strap (for a non-Bihn bag) Photo of first order (end of July):
    Name:  TomBihn2.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  76.2 KB

Took this all to hawaii. The co-pilot was my "purse". Worked great, plenty of room for my camera too!

Now latest order was this:Name:  TomBihn3.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  90.6 KB

Now DH just rolls his eyes!

It's a slippery slope, for sure. The good news is that shipping options seem to have become more flexible. I got a (second) travel tray and the 3D clear cube with first-class USPS this week. Not only did I save $6, but also 2 business days of transit time. Alternatively, you could save up for a big Bihn purchase and really make use of the UPS flat rates. I try to alternate between the two strategies to balance out my own addiction. I am currently plotting my transition to the Aeronaut... I say shop on, @Hawaii!
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Coyote LS * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... Like another post, think the shop bags are too nice to use for groceries...DH rolled his eyes at that one!
    So far have just been using them for shopping center purchases ( i live in SF Bay area, and now pretty much all the cities and counties require all merchants, not just grocery stores, to charge for bags). Went to the library today, and the small shop bag was just perfect for my latest round of travel books... Definitely strong enough for all that weight.

In a few weeks its off to Sequoia and Yosemite for car trip/ hiking. Expect the shop bags will come in handy for corralling things in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention... Like another post, think the shop bags are too nice to use for groceries...DH rolled his eyes at that one!
    So far have just been using them for shopping center purchases ( i live in SF Bay area, and now pretty much all the cities and counties require all merchants, not just grocery stores, to charge for bags). Went to the library today, and the small shop bag was just perfect for my latest round of travel books... Definitely strong enough for all that weight.

In a few weeks its off to Sequoia and Yosemite for car trip/ hiking. Expect the shop bags will come in handy for corralling things in the car.

I am the one who, now, use my UV Large Shop Bag for shopping at non-grocery store only..

Experiences with dripping wet vegetables and a sack of potatoes has turned me off that, and is a great excuse to reuse former travel bags, which, I don't mind if they see dirt.

The Large Shop Bag is really handy as take and grab stuff in a hurry when travelling by car, Darcy does this do.

I used one of my Swift as library hauling bag and corralling of stuff during car trips, the Shop bags are much better for that.
    Because Dyneema is the very best fabric against spill or any other wet or dry substance which would be collected even on a sedate shopping trip. (restroom sink with water everywhere)

As far as your Sequoia and Yosemite trip is concerned, don't be surprise if your car guzzle more gas, it will be me on the roof testing a Star Trek transporter. ;)
    This is how much I miss this area.
    Hawaii likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0