Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By MaCheezm0
  • 1 Post By MaCheezm0

Thread: Synapse 25 and Mt Kilimanjaro

Synapse 25 and Mt Kilimanjaro

Just finished a trip to Mt Kilimanjaro and used the Synapse 25 as my day bag.

Mt Kilimanjaro and Synapse 25 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Name:  9559530313_41e587ae5d.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  122.0 KB

That's absolutely awesome. I hope to do that hike myself within the next couple of years. Which route did you take up? Are you up with a hiking company for porters/guides and whatnot?
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

The company I used was GAdventures. It was like fully catered camping with porters and a portable toilet in a tent. We went on the Rongai route 4.5 days ascending, 1.5 days descending. I chose Rongai Route because you see 2 routes, ascend on Rongai, descend on the second being Marangu route. Research your routes coz the Rongai, you go from Kibo Hut to Gillmans Point to Stella Point to Uhuru Peak. Other routes go to Stella point then to Uhuru Peak so its extra 30-45 minutes to summit from Gillmans to Stella point. Also the longer you stay on mountain, the better the success rate because the hike isn't hard, it is the altitude that will get you.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    That's absolutely awesome. I hope to do that hike myself within the next couple of years. Which route did you take up? Are you up with a hiking company for porters/guides and whatnot?

Thanks! I'm very familiar with G adventures (formerly Gap Adventures); I used to live literally across the street from their old world headquarters here in Toronto! I'll keep them in mind.

Did you do any pre-training ahead of time? Any other big hikes to compare it to? When I liked at this last year, I think I was considering the Lemesho route.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

I'm looking at the possibility of climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro next month (just had the opportunity pop up unexpectedly), and I'm seriously considering a new Synapse 25 as my climbing bag. We'd be with a group that has porters carrying the big heavy stuff.

How did the Synapse 25 work for you on Kilimanjaro?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0