Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My New Synapse 19 + accessories+ Hula box art

My New Synapse 19 + accessories+ Hula box art

I was so excited to finally receive my box last night that I posted such a quick message of thanks, the photos came up sideways. Now that it's the next day, and after recovering from too much time spent in the car- 2hrs getting to the US, 1hr at the border going, 45mins at the border coming home(see photos), I've taken a shower and regrouped. Here's what I got, along with some incredible box Hawaiian box art. I don't know who the artist in residence is there, but Mahalo! I want to cut it out, and frame it. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by TOBaggirl; 08-18-2013 at 10:06 AM.

More photos. The one taken from the car is shot from the duty free store, that's how far back I was from the border. If you look closely you can see the line of cars that go up onto the bridge. At that point I wasn't anywhere near the bridge. Then after you get over, there's still another good 30 mins in line, but at least you can see the booths and where to line up.

Name:  TB06.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  66.0 KBName:  TB07.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  68.8 KBName:  TB08.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  92.9 KBName:  TB09.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  90.9 KBName:  TB10.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  79.0 KB
    Last edited by TOBaggirl; 08-18-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Awesome! You and I should get together and have a coffee over an exciting TB conversation! Not a lot of people in Toronto know about this. ;)

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    More photos. The one taken from the car is shot from the duty free store, that's how far back I was from the border. If you look closely you can see the line of cars that go up onto the bridge. At that point I wasn't anywhere near the bridge. Then after you get over, there's still another good 30 mins in line, but at least you can see the booths and where to line up.
    Name:  TB09.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  90.9 KBName:  TB10.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  79.0 KB
    Where did you cross? Lewiston? Was the NEXUS line open? Prime example of why having one of those is a great idea (especially if you fly a lot).
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Where did you cross? Lewiston? Was the NEXUS line open? Prime example of why having one of those is a great idea (especially if you fly a lot).
    Peace Bridge. The place I pick up my mail is close to there. I don't have a Nexus. Not sure if I want to pay for it. I go to Buffalo once, maybe twice a month. I fly to Cali once a year (mind you, I go for 5 months hence the need for a great back pack). That's about it for my travels. Do you have one?

Quote Originally Posted by yohopee View Post
    Awesome! You and I should get together and have a coffee over an exciting TB conversation! Not a lot of people in Toronto know about this. ;)

Enjoy!
    Sure. We could start a Tom Bihn Meet Up group.
    yohopee likes this.

Enjoy!
    Sure. We could start a Tom Bihn Meet Up group.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    Peace Bridge. The place I pick up my mail is close to there. I don't have a Nexus. Not sure if I want to pay for it. I go to Buffalo once, maybe twice a month. I fly to Cali once a year (mind you, I go for 5 months hence the need for a great back pack). That's about it for my travels. Do you have one?
    I do have one since at times I spend every other week in the US visiting client sites. It really does speed up getting through Pearson's otherwise horrible US Customs lineup.

From a value perspective, it's really pretty good. I think it costs about $50 for 5-6 years (5 years from your next birthday, so could be nearly 6 depending on when you get it), and that gets pretty much completely hassle free access to border crossings. I've only crossed by land once using my NEXUS (Rainbow Bridge); not as smooth as at the airport since you still have to see an agent, but at least you get access to the priority lane and a lot fewer questions. All passengers in the car must have NEXUS for you to go through the NEXUS lane by car, mind you.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

TB meet-up! Grand idea! Pick a central place in the city. I am practically downtown, so we can start anytime. :)

i am in but i am in scarberia. i could come downtown on the weekends. a park would be nice. riverdale farm, cabbage town?

there is an unused aeronaut that i would like to trade/sell with some tom bihn extras.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

I'm up in Thornhill but as long as there's parking (preferably free) I can pretty much meet anywhere. Beaches?

I'm just in awe of the beauty that is your Navy/UV Synapse. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Steel Dyneema/UV Synapse, but your pictures had me seriously questioning if I'd made the right choice. I'm sure I'll love my bag, but for now I'm living vicariously through these forums and I particularly love your pictures and your excitement. Thanks :-)

I am at Yonge + St. Clair and work downtown, so anywhere is easy for me. How about once school starts? September good for all?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I am at Yonge + St. Clair and work downtown, so anywhere is easy for me. How about once school starts? September good for all?
    So cool! Wish one of us could be there. Take lots of photos.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm so jealous.....Monkeylady

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0