Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree20Likes
  • 8 Post By ncb4
  • 2 Post By WenV
  • 2 Post By Photojdoc
  • 4 Post By Trevor
  • 3 Post By monkeylady
  • 1 Post By Mausermama

Thread: My new Ristretto arrives via Firesweep

My new Ristretto arrives via Firesweep

My son has proclaimed me a complete and total nerd, but when the UPS man delivered my new Aubergine Ristretto today, I took one look at the box on the front porch and started leaping around like a maniac. Because not only did I have box art—I had Hogwarts on my box. If you look closely, you can even see Harry and Ron flying in the lower righthand corner.

Name:  Hogwarts.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  301.1 KB

I'm not sure whom I have to thank for this, but whoever the artist was, I am delighted! I placed the order on July 31st, which all Potter-nerds know is Harry's birthday. So in the comments section of the online order form, I wished everyone a Happy Potter Day–and this is the gift I received. I love it so much I may have to frame it.

Oh, and I love my Aubergine Ristretto for 11-inch Macbook Air, too. Of course I love the color: I now have an Aeronaut, Swift, Little Swift, Side Effect, Kit, at least one Organizer Pouch, two of the Pocket Pouches, and the 11-inch Ristretto in this gorgeous ballistic fabric. I think I may even be surpassing @dorayme in her love of Plum! :D

Name:  Ristretto.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  523.3 KB

I already had an Opteka-Absolute strap on hand, so I immediately attached that. I hope to do a review in the near future. I haunted the forums and read every Ristretto review I could find before making my purchase. One thing I was uncertain about was the balance between protective structure of the bag and roominess [because roomy bags with a little give tend to be floppier]. The first thing I noticed was that the Ristretto does have enough structure to it to make me feel comfortable carrying my precious Air in it, but it does come at the cost of expandibility. I think the biggest reason for this is the opening of the bag, which is slightly narrower than the rest of the body. That seems to add extra stability to the bag, but also makes it more difficult to pack the thing to the gills. I hasten to add that this isn't a complaint, mind you; just an observation. Before the Ristretto arrived, I'd been wondering if I could sell my Large Azalea Cafe Bag, but now I'm not so sure. I think the two bags serve two different purposes, so I will use them for different things. Time will tell.

But again, thanks to the artist who sent me Hogwarts!

~Nancy

:thumbup: That's a LIKE from me for both box art and Ristretto (not sure how to "Like" on my Samsung tablet). I have the Ristretto for MBA 11 (Steel/Ibrerian) and really enjoy using it. So practical band stylish. Have it for almost 18 months now. Still looks like new. :)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
    backpack and ncb4 like this.

Wow, that's some great box art! I like the Aubergine color of your Ristretto.

I have a Ristretto for MBA 11 (Steel/Ibrerian) and have enjoyed it as my EDC to work. I also purchased a clear 3D Cube and keep my charger and cables in it. I still have enough room for an external drive and a camera. However, I find the Ristretto most useful to just carry my MBA and iPad Mini to consult with other professors about Mobile Learning.
    backpack and ncb4 like this.
    Ristretto for 11" MacBook Air (Steel/Iberian), Smart Alec (Black/Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel)
    Travel Tray (Steel), 11" MBA Cache, numerous organizers and straps

I work at TOM BIHN
    I'm glad you liked the box art! And I'm glad you posted it, too - otherwise I might have had to send you a howler ;)

Trevor, If you are responsible for this box art, you are a genuine secret weapon for success for Tom Bihn company. This is such a hoot (as in howler monkey hoot).
    Monkeylady

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'm glad you liked the box art! And I'm glad you posted it, too - otherwise I might have had to send you a howler ;)
    Noooooooo, not a Howler!

~Nancy

Ooh! Thanks for posting! I'm expecting a Ristretto for iPad to show up today on my doorstep, and you've given me something to look at and smile at in the meanwhile! The one I'm expecting is black, and it's going to be a gift for the hubs, but anytime Tom Bihn shows up on my doorstep, it's a good day!
    ncb4 likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0