Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Ranger

Thread: Cadet fits in Tri-Star

Cadet fits in Tri-Star

I really wanted to travel to Asia for business with just one bag, but the Brain Cell is just too small for me to attend all-day meetings with, so I decided to try stuffing my Cadet into the middle compartment of my Tri-Star. It works! Here's a picture of my fully loaded Tri-Star with Cadet and 4 days of clothes:

Name:  photo-2.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  118.5 KB

Proof that there's a Cadet inside:

Name:  photo-1.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  152.3 KB

Exploded view at my destination (well, semi-exploded since I didn't spread out my packing cube contents):

Name:  IMG_0025.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  581.2 KB

Very cool pics! Thanks for sharing. I recently ordered a Tristar in Steel/Iberian and I am glad to see that my eyes are not deceiving me. The newest batch of Steel ballistic fabric has a distinct greenish coloration to it. Your pictures show this very well when compared to your cadet which appears to be a more pure gray color. I love both colors, but I was initially surprised how dark and ever-so-slighty green the new Steel items are.

Yes, the color is very different between Tri-Star and Cadet. I would have liked my Cadet to have the same darker hue to match, but like you said, both colors are nice.

I assume that's the smaller Cadet?

No, it's actually the LARGE Cadet. I should have said that. The laptop on the bed is a MacBook Pro Retina 13".

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0