Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Nordic Dyneema Co-Pilot

Good choice. Pretty Things makes some nice brews.

I tried to upload a picture of the Shop Bag with a 6 pack and a bottle of wine but it didn't work.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

i have that same bag and never thought about trying to stow liqour in that pocket! wish i would have thought about that before the visit to the parents' this weekend. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by gretch17 View Post
    never thought about trying to stow liqour in that pocket!
    I wonder if I should feel ashamed that my first thought is always "will my hooch fit in there?".

I guess I left my headlamp on. :)

At the Brimfield, MA antique fair today. Had a great time.

A few pictures of what my bag was carrying at Brimfield.

Main compartment had the stuff I bought, a folded up Chico bag that I didn't end up needing, a small pouch with basic "just in case" items (bandaids, aspirin, lighter, etc.) and my camera.

One side pocket had a sunglass case and some granola bars (not shown due to being eaten ;))

The other side pocket had keys, phone and quick grab stuff like Blistex and sunscreen.

Water bottle was in its given pocket as well. The Co-Pilot did a great job holding everything comfortably and conveniently. More pictures of the day at Brimfield can be found here.

Wonderful photos. I always like to see bags in their natural environment being used so I can make an informed decision before buying. My back order has been placed for a steel dyneema co-pilot :)

Eire

I think you will be pleased with it.

Nice Pics! I love looking at Nordic blue...it's sooooo pretty. I am waiting for mine to appear in the form of a Syapse 25 with Iberian.....ooooohhhhh....sounds so nice! PS I love my Steel-Ultraviolet CP!

I got some more dyneema accessories for the CP - a wasabi key strap and an Iberian 3D organizer cube.

All I need now is something in ultraviolet and solar and it will be like a bag of Skittles. Taste the rainbow! ;)

I think I'm getting close to picking what will be the standard equipment, so to speak, carried in the CP. In one side pocket alongside the key strap is a small S-biner with a Vic Cadet.

The other side pocket will have the 3D cube on a small keystrap.

Inside there is a lightweight nylon pouch.

The contents of that pouch are: a pair of rubber gloves, mini Bic lighter, ACR whistle, pill case, spool with utility cord, small plastic bag, folded up trash bag, ziplock with bandaids and such, and a bandana (not shown, camera shy).

On the o-ring in the main compartment I have a small light just in case I can't find my gold doubloons in the dark. ;)

With the reintroduction of solar (my favorite liner color) I changed my order to a steel dyneema/solar co-pilot. Supposed to ship next week so now I just have to be patient. I love the solar dyneema.

Eire

Smile

I am looking forward to my Nordic/Steel dyneema Synapse 25, I should take delivery of that and lots of other accouterments! Like key straps, a tristar medium packing cube, travel sacks etc. I will have to wait for my new Black/Iberian side effect and my small Nordic shop sack until mid July. That will give me something to look forward too! Ooohhh the waiting....BAS...
    Now what will I get later in Solar...? I am so glad it's back...I felt empty with out my favorite. -Annie

Since this thread refers to the exact same bag I've got, This seems like an appropriate place to put this. So I'm resurrecting this thread :)

Does anyone know the largest Hydroflask that will fit in the co-pilot? Based on their chart, the 32oz MAY fit. The taller ones won't, and anything 18oz is a waste of space and weight to me.

I've fit a Nalgene 1L with cap cap lid is 9" tall and it fits with about .5" to spare with the zipper closed (could stretch a bit more, was being conservative). They are both about the same diameter and girth is fine. I can also put a 1L Sigg bottle in and close the zipper, but it bulges at the top. A 22oz bottle of beer, as proven, does not fit.

I know that the Vapur bottles are the lightest weight and still durable. I got one earlier this year when I forgot my Nalgene at home. It's a great bottle, I just don't really like it. It flops over, spills the first time you open it when it is full, is difficult to stuff standard ice cubes into. It just doesn't feel right. the 1L Nalgene bottle has been the bottle I always end up back with, no matter what else I try. It's pretty much "The Gold Standard" for a durable water bottle.

Just that I really like my 64oz Hydroflask growler, it keeps ice for 48 hours and even dented and dinged up, it's still going strong. Was hoping to go a bit classier with a Hydroflask that fit this time around :)

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0