Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Rgustafs

Thread: Knotted Paracord Pulls for my new Aeronaut

Knotted Paracord Pulls for my new Aeronaut

I debated about using the TB cord pulls, and I still might one day. Right now, I am loving the pulls I ordered on Etsy. I suppose I could have learned how to tie knots so I could make my own, but I have a feeling that would be a project I would never complete. Anyway. Thought I'd show off my pulls to you guys. Happy to share information on Etsy seller, but I am not sure what's appropriate on this forum.

Love my Aeronaut, by the way. Made my latest international haul for work much easier, given that I had to fly to a new city 3 times on the 6 day trip. Just added a WF to my collection, and I can't wait to get him!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  657.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  705.7 KB

ceb
    Wow. That's the first dyneema picture that's making me rethink my next purchase in that fabric.

Yes, please send me the name of the seller of the monkeyfist paracord pulls - although the RedOxx pulls would fit the color of the dyneema better.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Thanks, CEB. I thought about the Red Oxx monkey fist pulls. I thought the solid black faded into the zipper hardware more, which is what i was looking for. Here's the knot guy: Paracord Set of THREE Zipper Pulls with Diamond by JoshsSexyStraps

I debated the Dyneema as well. Would the Dyneema be too outdoorsy to work for my suit-oriented work trips? But if I have to lint roller the ballistic bag before I can leave the house, will I never use it? And on it went. For months. It was agony. I think I finally pulled the trigger in an Ambien-induced haze, and I am so glad I did. The Dyneema is darker grey than I thought it would be. It is a distingushed charcoal. And maybe it is just me but the grid on the fabric might actually jazz the Aeronaut up a bit, and it is not the least bit outdoorsy looking. It's like prep meets function. I ordered a Western Flyer in steel Dyneema when I was halfway through the Aeronaut's first trip.

Good luck with your decision. If it helps, know that I snapped those photos on an iPhone when outside on a cloudy morning at 8 am. No adjustments were done at all.

Those pulls look great - no plastic! How long are they?

They are about .75" from the end of the zipper, including the knots. According to the guy that makes them, they are made out of about 12 inches of paracord (100% Nylon 550 parachute cord- rot-proof and mildew-proof). They're about 2 1/4 inches long, and when hanging on the end of a zipper, they're 2 inches long.

I actually put a couple Red Oxx monkeyfist pulls on earlier today just to see if I liked them. I quickly switched them back to black, which are a bit more subtle and sophisticated looking to my eye. I just ordered more of the pulls for my soon-to-arrive Western Flyer.

I posted earlier, but since it had the Etsy link, I guess it's waiting for moderator approval.

Thanks! I like them. I will look out for your post with link.

They look like a lanyard knot with the ends trimmed flush. Easy to tie yourself with a little practice.

Step by step.