Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Part Two of my travel bags review

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills

Part Two of my travel bags review

To complete my travel bags review, here are the Tri-Star in steel/steel Dyneema and the Western Flyer in beautiful Cardinal ballistic nylon:

Part two - Tom Bihn Tri-Star and Western Flyer - YouTube

The Cardinal colour looks gorgeous!

Thanks for going to all the trouble of making the videos.
    Very helpful!

Great video! Thanks.

Again, the tips to load the Travel Dyneema for ultralight travel are invaluable!

The Western Flyer video is, the most thoroughly descriptive presentation of this particular bag, the over the rollerboard part is especially appreciated.

I predict a rush of Western Flyer orders in the very near future.

The backpack version is the absolute best first, summer long, childhood trip, bag. Coupled with the FJN for budding travel novelists, aquarellistes, scetch makers or/and the Co-Pilot for photograph and cinematographers (it fits reasonably priced, nice quality, palm size equipment perfectly)

Darcy, did you get my email regarding these videos?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    Darcy, did you get my email regarding these videos?
    I did! Awesome video, and I'll respond soon. It's been pretty busy around here with all the new debuts (plus there's other new stuff in the works that you guys don't even know about yet...)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    ..been pretty busy around here with all the new debuts (plus there's other new stuff in the works that you guys don't even know about yet...)
    .....crosses fingers and hopes the larger Pilot bag will be released RSN (real soon now)......

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    .....crosses fingers and hopes the larger Pilot bag will be released RSN (real soon now)......
    The Pilot won't be released anytime soon -- sorry, but didn't want to leave you waiting on that one.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The Pilot won't be released anytime soon -- sorry, but didn't want to leave you waiting on that one.
    And I do appreciate the update. I can wait... kinda!
    Darcy likes this.

I did! Awesome video, and I'll respond soon. It's been pretty busy around here with all the new debuts (plus there's other new stuff in the works that you guys don't even know about yet...)
    It must be a nightmare trying to keep up.... a pile of new launches all selling out as fast as you can make them :) A great problem to have though :D I just wanted to be sure it hadn't slipped in to your spam folder.

Loved the video! I've been trying to decide between the TS and WF and this information is great. I think the TS is better suited to the travel I do, and I'm so glad to find out it fits under the seat as well as in the overhead bin. I hate fighting for space above.

Sadly I've only the snap of an Aeronaut under a seat that I posted yesterday, not the WF or TS.

If you only have one or other, the Tri-Star makes sense as you can under pack it, but, if your disciplined to pack light enough, I actually prefer the Western Flyer. Partly that's the colour, but more, I think it is better proportioned.

Hmm...maybe I'll have to get both the TS and WF. It's hard when you can't actually see them in person. Others have made the same comment about the WF being better proportioned. I just wish the shipping was less expensive, or that there was a choice of shipping options. I'd love to buy some smaller things like key straps and pouches, but it costs more to ship them than they are worth.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I just wish the shipping was less expensive, or that there was a choice of shipping options. I'd love to buy some smaller things like key straps and pouches, but it costs more to ship them than they are worth.
    Hi Wendy, I live in Canada also. I'm just wondering if you've seen this thread here regarding some new shipping choices for Canadians. There might be an option there that would work for you?
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D All-Fabric Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0