Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Angora Rabbit Box Art

Smile Angora Rabbit Box Art

How exciting to wait for the delivery of another TB bag today. When I ordered I asked maybe for a TB bunny on the box, since I breed those fluffy Angora rabbits.
    I expected if I was lucky a "stick rabbit" and what I got was this!

Name:  tom bihn art 017.jpg
Views: 2864
Size:  375.9 KB

You really made my day talented TB artist!!!!!! You guys just rock.
    I was so excited about the bunny that I almost forgot to open the box for my new bag. The medium linen cafe bag and again...like all my other TB bags, its just beautiful.
    Thanks for being such an awesome company...the world needs more of your kind. :)

from a very happy customer in New Zealand!

That's so cute! Tom Bihn really stands out as an 'employer of choice' and looks like a great, fun place to work. Say vivelly, do you harvest the wool or only keep them as pets?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    That's so cute! Tom Bihn really stands out as an 'employer of choice' and looks like a great, fun place to work. Say vivelly, do you harvest the wool or only keep them as pets?
    Thanks Michelle! :-) Yes, i do harvest the wool and spin it. Its so warm! I will post a picture tomorrow of my fibre stand at the Auckland Royal Easter Show with all my Tom Bihn gear! I am now so organised!! :-)

I love spinning bunny fur. It's like playing with a cloud. I have to remember to request box art with my next order.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Hi Moose, you are so right, there is nothing warmer than Angora. :)
    This is my TB gear helping me to sort all my stuff at the Easter show this last weekend:

Name:  angora fibre display 008.jpgeaster show.jpg
Views: 1734
Size:  434.5 KB

...and packing up was such a breeze!

Name:  angora fibre display 037.jpgeaster show.jpg
Views: 1615
Size:  389.0 KB

Honest...I have never been so organised in my whole life! So glad I discovered TB! :)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh-oh aubergine Swift... I have a kiwi Swift and love it! I really want a aubergine one to match my Tri Star. I'll bet those bags hold several ounces of lovley fuzzy stuff too. :)
    Moose

Hi Moose, its the navy/aubergine/wasabi Swift, it was my first TB bag, thats how it all started for me, looking for the perfect craft/knitting bag. Now I have a cafe bag, an imago and a shopping bag (which is very versatile!! I just have to train the shopkeepers to fill it up and not just put 3 items into it of fear it might tear) and I am eyeing up the new Synapse. :-) I find the bags so useful (you can fit SO MUCH stuff in them), both for work and for my crafting. I just love the TB bags and imo everyone should have at least one. :-)

Do you breed Angora rabbits yourself? :-)

Vivelly, heavens no I don't keep rabbits. I've got a dog and evil but beautiful cat that I'm still trying to get to be in the same room. Oliver, the dog, is still in boot camp weekly. He's really cute but, um, shall we say strong willed. To say pig headed wouldn't be very PC no matter how accurate. They are all the fur babies I can manage.

Do you pluck your bunnies? If pluck is the correct term.

I really love my Synapes. They are tall enough to carry my spindles safely and still have a boatload of fuzzy stuff. I usually put them in the water bottle pocket. It's a pertect fit. Doraeme uses her Swift as a spinning bag too, if I recall correctly.

Would love to see the bunnies if you have photos.
    Take care
    Moose

lol...you seem to have your hands full! :-) What a great idea to carry the spindles in the synapse!! I do spindle spinning too, now I have no doubts to get the synapse too, its really hard to find something suitable to carry them. :-) What colour did you choose? I think I might order the steel dyneema/wasabi dyneema, but I like my bags stiffer, I am a bit worried that the material is too thin and wont support as well (as is sagging) as the ballistic nylon??? But I guess the dyneema would be lighter. Sigh...Its hard enough to make your choice of all the awesome bags...and then choosing the colour, so many decisions!

I shear my rabbits or comb it out....mine dont like plucking (yes, thats the right term)
    I dont know if its against TB rules to clutter the threat with bunny pics, but I will risk it. :-)
    This is Ayok

ATTACH]3587[/ATTACH]

and Ayok in poodle cut:

Name:  ayok 103.jpg
Views: 98960
Size:  317.2 KB

and Sissi having a laugh..:-)

Name:  Sissi9weeks 010.jpg
Views: 36208
Size:  140.9 KB

I should stop now, I can talk bunny all day. :)
    Kerstin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Moose and Walker like this.

I don't knit, spin or keep pets - lazy me :). But I do so enjoy the posts and photos about them on these forums. Keep talking bunnies and posting bunny photos!

Oh thanks Walker. I do enjoy the posts here too (spent many late nights catching up on all the old posts, I am a newbie), this is such a nice forum with really nice people ...everything about TB is just nice and thats a lot of nice in one sentence, but there is no other way to say it..lol
    Last edited by vivelly; 04-02-2013 at 10:50 PM.

vivelly, I have a plum and a ultraviolet Synapse. There are differences in the fabric for sure. I wrap my spindles in whatever I'm spinning, put in a drawstring bag and drop it in the water bottle pocket. It feels well protected in either bag. The dyneena bag is exactly the same size as the Cordura but I swear it will hold more stuff. When packed properly (mostly the bottom pocket) it will stand up on its own and not fall over onto the spindle. I'm concerned that a new Synapse 25 is in my future, big sigh. I'd love an ultraviolet one.

You have beautiful bunnies! How often to you shear/comb them?
    Thanks for the photos, they are really cute.
    Moose

Thanks for your advice Moose. I can imagine that the dyneema synapse holds slightly more because its more flexible? Is there a big difference in weight between the 2? Thats why I am leaning towards the dyneema to save weight (have a lower back problem) otherwise I would go for the sturdier cordura one (both are sturdy, but cordura is tougher right?) The spindle tip is great, thanks so much!

Thanks for the compliment on my bunnies. :-) I clip them every 3-4 months. To show them is hard work, I have to brush them and blow the coats (now everyone is laughing....) every day for weeks. :-) But they are so nice in temperament, very smoochy and curious and gentle.
    Kerstin

Vivelly, the dynema is more flexiable but I think just as tough as the cordura. I don't really see a noticeable difference in the weight either. The web site says there's about a five ounce difference, that's not a lot. If you pack it correctly (any backpack really) you can avoid a sore back after a day of hiking, or whatever. There are a lot of web sites that explain it really well, with pictures too, I like pictures. :) I really think you'd be happy with either fabric. I know I am.
    Did I mention the bunnies are beautiful? :)
    Moose

Thanks a lot for you advice Moose, that helped a lot. I think I have to go on a holiday to Seattle...lol its probably easier to make up ones mind when in the shop.
    I will also look into how to pack a backpack properly. Now the question of size...I think I will go for the big one. :-)

Yes, you mentioned my bunnies are beautiful. :) Thanks so much, they are hard work, but well worth it.

You are so lucky, you have so much TB stuff and you are FOT!! :)

Is this a rude question...but how do you ever become a FOT...I guess buying heaps of bags...and maybe sending a yummy apple pie?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0