Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By jeffmac
  • 1 Post By jeffmac

Thread: Aeronaut in Europe

Aeronaut in Europe

Took my new Dyneema Aeronaut on its maiden voyage this week. 7 days in London and Paris. Planes, trains and lots of public transport!

No surprise, it performed absolutely brilliantly. My beloved Tristar does have its feelings a bit hurt, so I am going to have to find a way to make it up to her.

Attachment 3506

Initial observations.

Love the side pockets. I find it much easier to carry an extra pair of shoes in the Aeronaut. The perfectly sized packing cubes really make a difference in packing it.

It fit everywhere I needed it to go and the backpack straps meant I always had free hands to help my wife or daughters with a bag.

It definitely holds more than the Tristar. While I have packed for a week in the TS it looked almost comical. The Aeronaut looked trim and I had room for souvenirs on the way back home.

So many TB bags...so little time.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    Took my new Dyneema Aeronaut on its maiden voyage this week. 7 days in London and Paris. Planes, trains and lots of public transport!
    That's a great test of the Aeronaut -- it does so well on mixed-transport trips. jeffmac, maybe it's just me, but the photo that you attached isn't showing up. Can you try uploading it again? Or, email it to me and I'll see what I can do.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    The Aeronaut is the best all round travel bag! I have two Aeronauts, a Tri-Star and (as of today) a Western Flyer, and each has it's place; if I had to go back to only one of them it would be a hard choice, but only because choosing between the two Aeronauts would be too much like Sophie Zawistowski... well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration!

Pic attempt take two

Name:  IMG_2571.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  110.9 KB

Second picture attempt...Going to abuse the Aeronaut in April when I go visit your home city Eric!

So jealous of you ..

and that bag goes rather nicely with the train colour scheme too...
    List under construction ....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0