• 4 Post By Badger
  • 3 Post By Walker
  • 2 Post By TavaPeak
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Fat Crip

Thread: Iberian Packing Cube Backpack in Iberia

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills

Iberian Packing Cube Backpack in Iberia

This is my second trip with packing cubes, but first time I've used the PCBP as a backpack... or to be more accurate as a back-of-my-chair-pack! It was pretty warm here, in Spain, today (for February) at about 26 (80 in old money) so it was definitely T-shirt weather, but we live about 15Km (10miles) in from the coast and we were heading down to the coast to meet friends for an afternoon coffee. It can be chilly down there and, when the sun goes down, decidedly cold, so we went prepared. With 2 jumpers and my down waistcoat, what better than the PCBP? Though it looks quite full, it's only because my waistcoat will always expand to fill the space available. In truth it would probably have all squeezed in to my PCSB, but that won't hang on my chair the same way and heather's woollen cardigan would have been crushed. So I put a mid-weight fleece jumper in the bottom part and Heather's cardigan and my waistcoat in the main part. As it happens, we never needed any of it, but it was a good dry run for our trip to Granada if and when we get there!!

When we got back I thought I'd get Heather to take a wee pic for you all in the light of the setting sun. Still t-shirt weather at 6p.m. can't be bad!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Iberian PCB in Iberia. All I can say is, dang, that's meta, Eric. :)

I, too, have this PCB in iberian! The vertical freudian slip fits inside nicely. I put the slip with the folder side towards my back.

However, I lost a pen one time. I think it got snagged when I pulled my sweater out. So now, I slip in the WF packing cube (large or small, depending on what I load) with its dyneema side towards the freudian slip. I put my sweater, scarf or whatever in the packing cube. Have not lost anything since.

FatCrip, very impressive! Now we'll be watching for Nordic somewhere...nordic.

Badger, you crack me up.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Thanks folks, but, of course, I can't take the credit as Mrs. FC aka Heather took them.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0