Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mifcnm

Thread: Kindle Paperwhite....

Kindle Paperwhite....

So a while back someone asked about a Tom Bihn bag for the Paperwhite Kindle... the answer is the Padded Organizer Pocket the Macbook Air Superdrive. It's a little tight, but it works!Name:  IMG_0162.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  814.4 KBName:  IMG_0165.jpg
Views: 3125
Size:  819.3 KB
    Darcy likes this.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    It's funny, a pocket designed specifically for one thing, but so versatile! I bought one for my MBA disc drive, but when I sold my MBA and bought MacBook Pro, I found the OP was the perfect size for my camera (Canon G10).

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mifcnm View Post
    So a while back someone asked about a Tom Bihn bag for the Paperwhite Kindle... the answer is the Padded Organizer Pocket the Macbook Air Superdrive. It's a little tight, but it works!Name:  IMG_0162.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  814.4 KBName:  IMG_0165.jpg
Views: 3125
Size:  819.3 KB
    I actually replied to that question in
    this post where I said that I used the Kindle Pouch in Cork. But I also stated that you could use the SuperDrive Pouch (before I noticed that there's a Kindle Padded Pouch and added the PostScript,) Here's the relevant excerpt:

The Kindle pouches also let you fit the Kindle with pouch inside the Field Journal Notebook -- the first picture is taken with the pouch and Kindle lying against an open FJN. If you want to use a padded pouch for the Kindle Paperwhite, I'd use the SuperDrive Padded Organizer Pouch rather than a Medium Padded Pouch. And although you can just fit the Kindle in clearing the edge of the zipper pull if you slip it in so that the long dimension of the Kindle is aligned along the long dimension of the padded SuperDrive Pouch, I'd recommend just putting it in vertically and letting the top edge of the zipper slip over the top of the Kindle. (The SuperDrive Pouch is 7.8" x 8.3" with the long dimension in the horizontal direction.)

Hope this makes sense. I'm away from home and on a slow Internet connection, so I'm loading smaller images.

moriond

P.S. I should have noticed that there's a padded Kindle pouch option, too! So that's another possibility if you want to carry the Kindle Paperwhite in a padded pouch. I find the Paperwhite to be small and sturdy enough that it gets sufficient support from the cork pouch, and I'm not using another case for this.

Just for comparison, I have a padded medium pouch, and my paperwhite takes up roughly 75% of the pouch.Name:  Kindle Paperwhite Med TB Pouch.JPG
Views: 872
Size:  205.0 KB
    Steel/Ultraviolet Aeronaut, Steel/Solar TriStar, Black/Steel Checkpoint Flyer, Steel Packing Cube Backpack, Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Solar Travel Tray, Snake Charmer, Pouches, 3D Clear Organizer Cube, etc.

The cache for the iPad mini seems to also be a fairly close fit. I was just looking at some small pouches I have (7" x 5") since the stated measurements are 6.7" by 4.6". The Kindle Paperwhite almost seems bigger, but they are close enough to the same size where there is no way to put the Kindle inside, let alone zip the pouch.
    Steel/Ultraviolet Aeronaut, Steel/Solar TriStar, Black/Steel Checkpoint Flyer, Steel Packing Cube Backpack, Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Solar Travel Tray, Snake Charmer, Pouches, 3D Clear Organizer Cube, etc.

jea
    I just recently got the Kindle Fire padded pouch and its fits the Kindle Paperwhite as if it was designed for it!Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 792
Size:  489.2 KB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0