Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By lacyfinn
  • 1 Post By lotuseater
  • 2 Post By ScottE22
  • 1 Post By lacyfinn

Thread: I Never Take Children into the Outdoors without a Whistle

I Never Take Children into the Outdoors without a Whistle

During Winter we can get a little cabin feverish, to say the least. So for my own mental health and the physical health of my children, we try to head outdoors once a day and we never head out without our whistles. (myself included) Santa brought us all one for Christmas. Thanks Tom, these are great. Name:  tom bihn library.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  65.4 KB

In my experience, little boys love whistles too. Not to wear just in case. To use until they've driven their parents - and dogs - to distraction :-( But then again, with just one five year old I don't have to play zone defence. In our household his backpacks are stripped of whistles before he gets hold of them.

I absolutely agree that the great outdoors has to be a part of daily life even in winter. That's why I chose Colorado as my home after my first two years in the US was spent in Chicago. And when I go into the backcountry, I take the shrillest whistle I know of, that works in any conditions. That and an avy shovel in winter.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Great pic! I definitely agree with both comments -- it's important to soak up that Vitamin D all year long!
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

Which one of the young ladies has a "Purse with a Purpose"?

An expression which I have borrowed many times by the way. :)
    Last edited by backpack; 01-25-2013 at 07:23 AM.

The one in the green coat. :) She is still hauling that thing around. It has logged many miles. Thanks for asking. :) My other daughter is getting antsy for her own.... maybe Easter.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0