Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By TOBaggirl
  • 5 Post By kellie16

Thread: What's in your field journal? Let's see a photo.

What's in your field journal? Let's see a photo.

I'm fascinated by all the "what's in your bag" videos and photo groups out there, and thought it would be interesting to see what's in people's FJ's. I would like to purchase one but I can't figure out what do with it. (I feel the same way about Moleskine journals. It may have been the book of choice for Hemingway, but so far after looking through a bunch of "What's in your Moleskine?" groups I've come to the conclusion that there's nothing in them, just a bunch of sketches and grocery lists. No one is writing the next great novel, not that I've noticed.) Let's make it a photo thread, cuz we all love photos of other people's stuff. :)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Great idea.. can't wait to see the photos. I'll add them to our Field Journal Notebook set on Flickr.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I've always liked the look of the FJN since it was first debuted here, but, for the life of me, I can't think what I'd use it for... I'm really looking forward to what people post here!😃

There are some photos of mine in a thread titled Loads of Lefty Love. I can't post a link from this device, sorry. I too love the what's in your bag photos. I see some amazing stuff sometimes.
    Moose
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    There are some photos of mine in a thread titled Loads of Lefty Love. I can't post a link from this device, sorry. I too love the what's in your bag photos. I see some amazing stuff sometimes.
    Moose
    Here's a link to the thread Moose is talking about. Moose, I added your photos to the FJN set on Flickr -- thanks!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Wink

I just got my FJ yesterday but I love it already! I bought it to use as my Household/Life portable planning station and it is perfect. Photos were taken last night by iPhone but the give you the general idea. The second photo is to demonstrate what a compact bag this is (that is my Kindle Keyboard for comparison). I have also removed the shoulder strap as this will travel inside my main EDC bags (Co-Pilot, LCB, Swift). The plum colour is, as usual, totally gorgeous. The construction is impeccable.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  645.1 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  666.5 KB

ETA: I forgot to say that my Kindle fits perfectly in the back slip pocket, and I am pretty confident that an iPad mini in a slimline TB style cache or Smart Cover, would sit neatly inside a zipped up FJ. Which would make my FJ Planner the total bomb shizzle!!
    Last edited by kellie16; 01-08-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0