Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Quick First Impressions - Tom Bihn Field Journal

Quote Originally Posted by kellie16 View Post
    Well poo! I suppose I could always have two FJs I guess...
    Well... I wouldn't mind having 3: Cordura, Dyneema and for iPad Mini. :)

dlg
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    If you want an official TOM BIHN FJN for the iPad mini, stay tuned.... it's been in the works for a little while now. No ETA or details yet.
    This never happened, did it? :/

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    This never happened, did it? :/
    Never say never -- just not yet. :)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Never say never -- just not yet. :)
    But in the meantime, I hope someone with the FJN in Parapack will post a review. Apart from the more limited color selections (no plum or bright shades like crimson) this struck me as a good place for the use of the Parapack material.

They make them in parapack? I've only seen them listed in 420d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I think the 420d is the parapack.

Quick First Impressions - Tom Bihn Field Journal

Ah - I was getting confused between parapack & ballistic. Still, I'd like to see the FJN in funky colours again & with an iPad mini option

ETA: I plan on buying a 3-hole punch next time I'm in the US - half-letter is very close to A5, so paper size shouldn't be an issue, but we use 2-ring binders

Last edited by scribe; 03-25-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Volunteer Moderator
    @scribe I was being sloppy in my description. All the earlier FJNs shown in these pictures from last year used Cordura for the outside. When they announced (end of last year) that new FJNs were available for backorder for March 2014, the fabric changed to 420d high tenacity nylon Parapack, I just shortened this to "Parapack".

Ah - I was getting confused between parapack & ballistic. Still, I'd like to see the FJN in funky colours again & with an iPad mini option

ETA: I plan on buying a 3-hole punch next time I'm in the US - half-letter is very close to A5, so paper size shouldn't be an issue, but we use 2-ring binders

Scribe, the U.S 3 holes punch doesn't work with the FJN.

They are for Letter which is closer to A4 than A5, I know because I am French and I live in the U.S.

There is a European manufacturer which make 3 holes punch for A5, last year, I went to Europe and I forgot to spend time in stationery stores to try to get the item in question.

I wrote about it on this forum but I am no Moriond and won't be able to find it.

I did find a Swedish manufacturer of adjustable punches:

paper punch, punches, punch, paper punches
    Last edited by backpack; 03-25-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    scribe likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Scribe, the U.S 3 holes punch doesn't work with the FJN.

They are for Letter which is closer to A4 than A5, I know because I am French and I live in the U.S.

There is a German manufacturer which make 3 holes punch for A5, last year, I went to Europe and I forgot to spend time in stationery stores to try to get the item in question.

I wrote about it on this forum but I am no Moriond and won't be able to find it.
    I don't recall the post @backpack references, but I recall discussion in the Field Journal thread.

ETA there was a recommended Staples punch but it's out of stock Field Journal Notebook paper punch
    Last edited by moriond; 03-25-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    scribe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I don't recall the post @backpack references, but I recall discussion in the Field Journal thread.

ETA there was a recommended Staples punch but it's out of stock Field Journal Notebook paper punch
    This is exactly the thread Moriond! You are a genius!

I want to punch regular recycled paper for lists that are not permanent such as seasonal grocery, clothes, art supplies shopping and to do stuff in categories,

I have a regular size, letter/A4 3 holes punch but I don't want to tweak it for A5 and risk breaking it. Maybe I should try to tweak it.

I also bought a Franklin Covey one, but it is 7 holes and it drives me crazy.

I did buy pre-punched paper from TB and then bought some more, it is so nice for notetaking, in even, the most formal circumstances.
    Last edited by backpack; 03-26-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks for the clarification! The hole punch appears to be back in stock, so I'll see if one of my US friends can order it and bring it along to the convention in July :)

ETA: Just took the plunge and placed my 3rd TB order - I've recently resurrected my Filofax gardening journal, because despite all my gadgets I love using fountain pen and paper. The FJN, on the other hand, will make a perfect Portable Novel-Writing Kit (with iPad Mini tucked inside front pocket)!
    Last edited by scribe; 03-26-2014 at 12:52 AM.
    Collections:

You guys at TB remind me of the Keebler elves, always secretly up to making something!
    moriond likes this.
    SE: b-Steel Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You guys at TB remind me of the Keebler elves, always secretly up to making something!
    It's kinda like that, but we have much better hats (and scarves and cowls) thanks to the knitters over at Ravelry.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

News Flash - Hell Freezes Over...

"Booqpad For iPad Air: Paper And Pixels Together At Last"

Charlie Sorrel (2:49 am PDT, Mar 26th)

Read more at Booqpad For iPad Air: Paper And Pixels Together At Last | Cult of Mac
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0