Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Fat Crip
  • 1 Post By Fat Crip
  • 1 Post By helen_uk
  • 1 Post By Fat Crip

Thread: Dyneema Aeronaut and Tri-Star unboxing

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills

Dyneema Aeronaut and Tri-Star unboxing

They've arrived! The brand new Dyneema 400d Aeronaut and Tri-Star arrived to brighten a cold wet Scotland this afternoon, so I grabbed the camera and made a wee unboxing video. It's just a one-take un-boxing, nothing in depth, but you'll be seeming a lot of these two over the next few months. Can they stand up to the rigours of travel as well as my ballistic nylon one has? It still looks brand new after two years and at least 50 journeys. My first guess? Too right they will! I've other questions though, and ultimately, the big one, which will I be using this time next year? You can bet I'll have a favourite but will my wife nab it first? We'll see... you'll see!

In the meantime, here's episode one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD4cl2gSC8U

Actually, it's really episode 4, but isn't that a traditional place to start! A long time ago in a far off.....
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 12-21-2012 at 10:46 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I want to watch! The video is marked as private.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Oops! I hope that's better!

Great video, Eric. It was super helpful to see all the bags and accessories in relation to one another. Care to share where you're traveling this upcoming year?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Care to share where you're traveling this upcoming year?
    Thank-you.

Mostly I'll be back and forward to Spain where I have a 2nd home, but also to the the south of England and at some point to Canada with a bit of luck.

Great video! Really informative and detailed!

I guess great minds think alike because my Holidays order contains the accessories and my New Year order the Dyneema Aeronaut and Tri-Star.

Please share your experience with the Europeans airlines, their weight restrictions are very annoying considering that European weather is mostly unsuitable for bikini wear, especially in winter.

Speaking of clothing and lightweight travel, would you also mind sharing what you pack?

The airline restrictions really suck! If you think about it, my MacBook 13" weighs about 2Kg, a ballistic Aeronaut weighs 1300g and an iPad 700g, so that 4kg or 40% of your allowance before you start. After that I've usually got some papers to carry, so I keep clothes to a minimum. Sadly, I look terrible in a bikini, but I have both a wardrobe and a washing machine at both ends of my most frequent journey. The other thing to bear in mind though is that you don't need to be light, just look light and the Aeronaut does that. I've never had to get its weight checked which is good as its usually over. It's not usually jam packed, so it looks small and light compared to most roll-aboards. They on the other hand are 4Kg plus empty and most struggle with RyanAir's bag gauge cage.

But, the real answer in Europe is assuming you're using the budget flyers is to go with EasyJet when you can. Firstly because they have new, modern Airbus jets and secondly because they have full sized luggage allowances with no weight limits. You can stuff an Aeronaut to the gills and still take it. The only rule is that you must be able to lift it unaided.
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 12-22-2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Correct typo

Thank you for sharing Eric! Lots of goodies in your box! Steel/wasabi is a gorgeous combination.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Great video!

Wey-hey, it's on the blog and the daily email!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0