Like Tree15Likes
  • 11 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By MaggieScratch
  • 1 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By drbobguy

Thread: Smart Alec = Cat Bed!

Smart Alec = Cat Bed!

I unpacked my Smart Alec this morning, and then went off to do other stuff around my house. When I went back to the bedroom to put my Smart Alec away, I discovered that my cat had turned it into a bed!

Name:  pixel_on_bag.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  82.7 KB
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Mine usually end up inside my suitcase while I'm trying to pack!

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Mine usually end up inside my suitcase while I'm trying to pack!
    I think it's in cat DNA that they feel compelled to turn luggage into nests!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

"If I keep her from packing it again, she won't go away!"
    Lani likes this.

Or maybe it's their way of "supervising" to make sure it gets done right.

Lani, can you tell us more about your lovely cat? How old is she/he? Where did you get her/him?

Thank you for sharing the picture, a beautiful feline indeed!

Double posted.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Lani, can you tell us more about your lovely cat? How old is she/he? Where did you get her/him?

Thank you for sharing the picture, a beautiful feline indeed!
    Thanks for your kind words, backpack. ^_^

Pixel is now about 7 years old. My co-worker found her abandoned at a gas station in her neighborhood all by her lonesome. She was barely weaned, so she brought the cat in to work with her and would feed her during the day. She was trying to decide what to do (take her to a shelter, etc.) but when I held her it was just love at first hug.

She's calmed down a lot now that she's not a kitten, but she's got a real wild streak in her. When she was a couple of years old, she couldn't stand being confined as an indoor cat, and would try to run outside anytime we opened the front door. One day, while my husband was out of town, I answered a knock on the door from a couple of Watchtower people, and unbeknownst to me, Pixel snuck out between my legs and ran away. To make matters worse, I didn't notice she was gone until I was ready for bed (because she'll often go and sleep under the bed or some other hidden spot)... by the time I realized what must have happened, I was a complete wreck. I called my husband (who, bless his heart, actually cut his weekend short to drive back), and we wound up spending days posting flyers around our neighborhood and looking for her.

The flyers worked! One of our neighbors in our apartment complex found her. I can't tell you how relieved I was. Those four days she'd been missing, I was a total wreck, and I could barely eat or sleep.

Until then, my husband was opposed to her wearing a collar with an ID tag... but after that incident, she now always wears a collar! ^_^

She is a black cat but her coloring is very unique. She has a black overcoat but a totally snow white undercoat, which makes it very easy to see her "eyebrows"--so her face is very expressive-looking. The only thing is, when you wear dark clothes, you can see her fur on them because the fur looks white... and when you wear light clothing, you can see her sheddings because you see the dark parts of the fur. Hehe.

What's funny about this is I just got a Smart Alec to replace a North Face pack (with foam back). For years now my family's cat has always loved lying on that pack whenever it's available, but only on the foam back. So now that I've replaced it (with the nicer TB), guess what the North Face's permanent duty has become?
    Lani likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0