Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By Toblerhaus

Thread: Medium Cafe Bag and Brain Bags, fully loaded for International travel

Medium Cafe Bag and Brain Bags, fully loaded for International travel

I'm a packing geek, and always make a point of photographing and blogging what I pack for each trip. I discovered Tom Bihn in the last year, and want to share a recent packing photo of my Medium Cafe and Brain bags, all packed up for my 8 week trip to Europe with my two kids. I aspire to travel reasonably light, and do a pretty good job of packing light when it comes to clothing.

However, I'm a total gadget girl, blogger, and photographer, which makes for less than light bags of accessories.

IMG_4120.jpg by agtobler, on Flickr

Pictured above: Kindle touch, 3 passports, Kleenex and wet wipes, pouch with money and necessary cards, Epipens and Benadryl, assorted medications for my allergic kid, cough drops and mints, iPhone, notebook, earbuds, pens, keys, sunglasses. folder with tickets and itinerary

IMG_4119.jpg by agtobler, on Flickr

Pictured above:
    -Contigo coffee mug and Kleen Kanteen water bottle
    -melatonin and toothbrushes
    -small toiletries in 3D bag
    -13 inch Macbook Pro and power cord (to go into horizontal Brain Cell)
    -Canon D60 with 10-22 lens, 85mm lens, 35mm lens and camera cleaning pouch (to go into I-O bag)
    -padded eBags pouch to hold light for Kindle, Kindle cord, camera battery charger, Europe plug adaptor, triple charger for iPhone and the kids iPod touches, and memory stick.
    -Absolute strap
    -Smartwool sweater
    -inflatable travel pillow

Cheers!

Amanda

Great photos and list. Thank you for sharing. It looks like the clothes bags were checked. We're those Tom Bihn too?

nsh
    Thanks for sharing. Your packing list is great. Have a great trip to Europe with your family!

I notice you take an inflatable travel pillow. Do you like your travel pillow? I am on the search for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eire View Post
    Great photos and list. Thank you for sharing. It looks like the clothes bags were checked. We're those Tom Bihn too?
    You are correct that I checked our clothes bag. Unfortunately, that bag is not a Tom Bihn bag, but a LL Bean Rolling Adventure Duffle. However, I hope to slowly transition all my bags to Tom Bihn as finances allow for it. The Bean bag is great if you check luggage, but I'm anxious to stop checking our bags! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nsh View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Your packing list is great. Have a great trip to Europe with your family!

I notice you take an inflatable travel pillow. Do you like your travel pillow? I am on the search for one.
    I am pretty disappointed in that travel pillow. It's a Travelrest pillow. I've had it a couple of years, but it started leaking air on this trip. It's also not nearly as comfortable as I had hoped. So, I'm back on the hunt for the "perfect" travel pillow, which probably doesn't actually exist. Sigh.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

It seems from the photo, there's an extra padded shoulder piece on the MCB. Just wondering if it comes that way, or did you order a different type of strap? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    It seems from the photo, there's an extra padded shoulder piece on the MCB. Just wondering if it comes that way, or did you order a different type of strap? Thanks.
    It's an add on, and I give it two thumbs up. You can find it here: Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap - Thick, comfortable strap wrap for our Cafe bags - TOM BIHN
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap

Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap - Thick, comfortable strap wrap for our Cafe bags - TOM BIHN

Thanks for letting me know about the strap. Definitely going to add that to my next order.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0