• 4 Post By Darcy
  • 3 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Rocks

Thread: New video reviews of the Synapse and Brain Bag

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

New video reviews of the Synapse and Brain Bag

Synapse

More here...
    Last edited by Darcy; 08-13-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Brain Bag

Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for posting this, Darcy. I've got a review of the Brain Bag coming as well. I'd love to talk with you soon about some ideas. I LOVED the bags.

Amazing reviews!

Very thorough and passionate, love that!

The reviewer, the setting, the lovely children and dogs, all well behaved and cute, it is a winning combo.

By the way, I have both the Brain Bag and the Synapse and completely agree with this everything that was said!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Brain Bag

Darcy,

For some reason the way this link is embedded means that I can't play it directly on my iPad. However, if I do a forum search for your posts, I can see the link, copy it into the address bar of Safari, and play it. I'm going to paste in the Vimeo web URL and see whether it's visible in my reply post. As backpack said, great reviews, and I like the dog and children. Also, the Synapse review (which I could play from the link on my iPad), made me think wistfully of the solar Dyneema linings of my Synapses.

Tom Bihn Brain Bag Backpack [Review] on Vimeo

OK, the link surrounded with arguments of URL shows up; with just video, it isn't visible to my iPad.

moriond

Glad you guys liked the reviews. More at bctreks.com.

The forum may be stripping the video and not allowing it to play on the iPad. It's an HTML5 player through vimeo, so it should work everywhere otherwise.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jlukasavig View Post
    Glad you guys liked the reviews. More at bctreks.com.

The forum may be stripping the video and not allowing it to play on the iPad. It's an HTML5 player through vimeo, so it should work everywhere otherwise.
    Yes, the link plays correctly. The problem is with the way the posted link displays in Safari on the iPad when it's embedded as a video clip. The vbulletin forum tools just shows this as extra blank space in the post when it comes up in the mobile Safari browser for the iPad, so the link isn't visible. If I show Darcy's latest posts, run a search for the content, or quote the post in a reply, the link is visible. It's also visible if I view the forums with the Tapatalk app instead of using Safari.

I had the same problem originally viewing the Vimeo link for cucciasv's movie in the Tom Bihn UNBOXED! thread, when I read the forums in Safari on my iPad.

moriond

I have just started obsessing over the Synapse and whether it's a bag I need for commuting or not. This review has pushed me firmly into the "must have one" camp! Love getting to see all the pockets and sections of the bag up close and personal - excellent stuff!
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

Quote Originally Posted by kellie16 View Post
    I have just started obsessing over the Synapse and whether it's a bag I need for commuting or not. This review has pushed me firmly into the "must have one" camp! Love getting to see all the pockets and sections of the bag up close and personal - excellent stuff!
    I just bought a Synapse to use for commuting on days when I don't need groceries or get a bunch of books from the library. It's great! I love the organization. The 5 front pockets are design marvels.