Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By gochicken
  • 6 Post By gochicken
  • 2 Post By Darcy

Thread: Yellowstone Week with TB

Yellowstone Week with TB

Our family's trip to Yellowstone was full of natural beauty, wildlife, relaxation, and Tom Bihn Bags!

For the airport/airplane segments my new Forest/UV Tri-Star and Black UV Co-Pilot were great. United made us check our carry ons at the gate, so sorry, no picture of TS in the CRJ-200 overhead bin.

My Tri-Star held everything I needed for a week in weather ranging from 40's to upper 80's plus gifts for friends and other misc totally unnecessary items, and I still had room for more, but it weighed 17 pounds and that, I discovered, was my maximum weight to carry comfortably on my back for long periods.

Name:  IMG_1427.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  61.5 KB

In the Park, I carried my UV Packing Cube Shoulder Bag with Absolute Strap from my Co-Pilot. That arrangement was so comfortable that I hardly noticed I was carrying anything, but the PCSB held everything I needed with room to spare. It even waited patiently with me for Old Faithful to erupt.

Name:  IMG_1447.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  52.8 KBName:  P1040617.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  45.3 KB

We used a Large UV Shop Bag lined with a soft shell jacket as a "cooler" to hold the day's sandwiches, cold drinks, and snacks.

Name:  IMG_1442.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  74.9 KB

Back in the town of West Yellowstone, I used my RFID pouch as a little purse with a long keystrap as the handle. It held my iPhone and a Cork wallet. I was able to attend a local "Knit Night" with my tall Yarn Stuff Sack holding my project and knitting accessories.

Overall, with my TB gear, I felt very organized and ready for action. I'll post scenic pictures next.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Sights of Yellowstone

Bison:
    Name:  P1040365.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  72.9 KB
    Bison and Moose friend in TS:
    Name:  IMG_1517.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  42.7 KB

Old Faithful:
    Name:  P1040352.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  44.2 KB

Mammoth Hot Springs:
    Name:  IMG_1123.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  95.9 KB

Sapphire Pool:
    Name:  IMG_1056.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  52.8 KB
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Fantastic photos. Isn't Yellowstone amazing?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0