Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By Hollie
  • 1 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 2 Post By Hollie

Thread: Three Tom Bihn bags at the Woodland Park Zoo today!

Smile Three Tom Bihn bags at the Woodland Park Zoo today!

I went to the Woodland Park Zoo with my family today. My husband has a couple weeks off work and we're taking a "staycation" and hitting some Seattle tourist spots.

Here's my Plum Side Effect:

Name:  zoo.png
Views: 2293
Size:  585.8 KB

When we sat down at some picnic tables, a family sat down at an adjoining table, and the dad was wearing a LCB (looked like he had all his camera equipment in there). I said to my husband, "Hey! That guy has a Tom Bihn bag!"

My husband asked where, and I pointed at the guy surreptitiously and said, "He has the Cocoa/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag with the Absolute strap," at which point my husband burst out laughing and called me a Bag Geek. :)

Later, in the gift shop, there was a woman two steps away with an ID. When I walked out, she was standing in the sun, and I said, "Hi, I like your Tom Bihn bag!", and she looked confused for a split second and then looked down at her bag and touched her hand against it said, "I LOVE this thing! It's holds everything!"

We talked for a few minutes and it turns out she also had the same Tilley hat I was wearing, so we joked we shopped in the same circles. Meeting nice people through shared bag geekery: just another happy feature of Tom Bihn bags.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Wow! That sounds like a fun afternoon! I always feel so shy about talking to people when I see they have a Tom Bihn Bag out in public!

Did you stop by the rose garden?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    "He has the Cocoa/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag with the Absolute strap,"
    I absolutely LOVE this level of TB geekery!!!!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I'm an only child who moved around a lot as a child, so I got pretty used to talking to strangers! That said, I don't approach everyone; the guy with the cocoa/wasabi bag looked like he was concentrating pretty hard on dealing with his kids and getting his table set up, and I didn't feel right bothering him. The lady with the ID, however, seemed laid back and was making friendly eye contact with people around her, so I felt comfortable enough to strike up a conversation. :)

We didn't stop by the rose garden, but I wish we had! We had planned to, but then we were just too wiped out. We made a solemn oath to each other that we would all come back before summer was over. It looks gorgeous in there!
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this level of TB geekery!!!!!
    Hee hee! I'm such a dork when it comes to TB bags! A week ago I was reading that thread about "you know you're a Tom Bihn fan when...", and I saw the one about how you use this link:

Laptop Bags, Backpacks, Messenger Bags, Briefcases and Accessories made by: TOM BIHN

...and it will show you ALL Tom Bihn products. Now I have that bookmarked! I've used it so many times. Every time I sense the slightest need that I suspect could be filled by a TB product, I go have a look....

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    There's something special about seeing a TB bag in the wild. Getting to have a conversation with the owner about TB bags would be a real treat!
    Hollie likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    There's something special about seeing a TB bag in the wild. Getting to have a conversation with the owner about TB bags would be a real treat!
    I admit I've started looking at the bags people are carrying, curious if there is a conversation waiting to happen. :)
    dorayme and darbs like this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0