Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By Hollie
  • 1 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 2 Post By Hollie

Thread: Three Tom Bihn bags at the Woodland Park Zoo today!

Smile Three Tom Bihn bags at the Woodland Park Zoo today!

I went to the Woodland Park Zoo with my family today. My husband has a couple weeks off work and we're taking a "staycation" and hitting some Seattle tourist spots.

Here's my Plum Side Effect:

Name:  zoo.png
Views: 2193
Size:  585.8 KB

When we sat down at some picnic tables, a family sat down at an adjoining table, and the dad was wearing a LCB (looked like he had all his camera equipment in there). I said to my husband, "Hey! That guy has a Tom Bihn bag!"

My husband asked where, and I pointed at the guy surreptitiously and said, "He has the Cocoa/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag with the Absolute strap," at which point my husband burst out laughing and called me a Bag Geek. :)

Later, in the gift shop, there was a woman two steps away with an ID. When I walked out, she was standing in the sun, and I said, "Hi, I like your Tom Bihn bag!", and she looked confused for a split second and then looked down at her bag and touched her hand against it said, "I LOVE this thing! It's holds everything!"

We talked for a few minutes and it turns out she also had the same Tilley hat I was wearing, so we joked we shopped in the same circles. Meeting nice people through shared bag geekery: just another happy feature of Tom Bihn bags.
    S19 (black/uv), S19 (nordic/steel - my EDC), SA (nordic/steel) with upper and lower modular pockets - those things are gold, FJN (plum), FJN (pine), FJN (navy), SE (nordic/solar), SE (plum), SE (aubergine), SE (navy/iberian), CP (black/uv), CP (nordic), LCB (plum), MCB (plum), MCB (nordic/uv - a treasure in my collection! Dyneema geek), SCB (plum), Swift (cork), LS (cork), Imago (aubergine/hemp), CC (wasabi/uv), 2 dog leashes, and a plethora of pouches, cubes, tethers, etc.

Wow! That sounds like a fun afternoon! I always feel so shy about talking to people when I see they have a Tom Bihn Bag out in public!

Did you stop by the rose garden?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    "He has the Cocoa/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag with the Absolute strap,"
    I absolutely LOVE this level of TB geekery!!!!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I'm an only child who moved around a lot as a child, so I got pretty used to talking to strangers! That said, I don't approach everyone; the guy with the cocoa/wasabi bag looked like he was concentrating pretty hard on dealing with his kids and getting his table set up, and I didn't feel right bothering him. The lady with the ID, however, seemed laid back and was making friendly eye contact with people around her, so I felt comfortable enough to strike up a conversation. :)

We didn't stop by the rose garden, but I wish we had! We had planned to, but then we were just too wiped out. We made a solemn oath to each other that we would all come back before summer was over. It looks gorgeous in there!
    S19 (black/uv), S19 (nordic/steel - my EDC), SA (nordic/steel) with upper and lower modular pockets - those things are gold, FJN (plum), FJN (pine), FJN (navy), SE (nordic/solar), SE (plum), SE (aubergine), SE (navy/iberian), CP (black/uv), CP (nordic), LCB (plum), MCB (plum), MCB (nordic/uv - a treasure in my collection! Dyneema geek), SCB (plum), Swift (cork), LS (cork), Imago (aubergine/hemp), CC (wasabi/uv), 2 dog leashes, and a plethora of pouches, cubes, tethers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this level of TB geekery!!!!!
    Hee hee! I'm such a dork when it comes to TB bags! A week ago I was reading that thread about "you know you're a Tom Bihn fan when...", and I saw the one about how you use this link:

Laptop Bags, Backpacks, Messenger Bags, Briefcases and Accessories made by: TOM BIHN

...and it will show you ALL Tom Bihn products. Now I have that bookmarked! I've used it so many times. Every time I sense the slightest need that I suspect could be filled by a TB product, I go have a look....

There's something special about seeing a TB bag in the wild. Getting to have a conversation with the owner about TB bags would be a real treat!
    Hollie likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    There's something special about seeing a TB bag in the wild. Getting to have a conversation with the owner about TB bags would be a real treat!
    I admit I've started looking at the bags people are carrying, curious if there is a conversation waiting to happen. :)
    dorayme and darbs like this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0