Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lonestar6
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Longer Zipper pulls

Longer Zipper pulls

A few weeks back I was relating how I finally got the gumption to put the cord zipper pulls in the figure 8 pattern on my Tristar as described by others. Unfortunately, when I started installlation on the front 4 zippers, the zipper pull shanks were significantly longer and I could not create the figure 8 pattern using the pulls I received with the Tristar. Darcy rode in on her white horse (carrying an empire builder if memory serves :) ) and offered to send me a prototype longer zipper pull if I would take pictures. I agreed. The zipper pulls arrived earlier this week, I have installed them, so prepare for pictures:

This photo is of the cord received this week (left) as compared to the cord received with my Tristar (right), placed on a Tom Bihn Box next to the logo so y'all will have a common reference point:

Name:  ZipPullCableLengthCompareCompressed.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  23.8 KB

The next shot is of the longer zipper pulls installed on the Tristar's front longer zipper shanks (The zipper pulls on the top of the bag are the shorter pulls on the shorter shanks, installed a few weeks ago):

Name:  LongCablesInstalledOnLongShanks.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  44.6 KB

The last shot is a comparison of the original zipper pull installed 'traditionally' (left) on the same zipper as the new longer zipper pull installed in a figure 8 (right); about the same finished length by my eye:

Name:  CompareShortNormalInstall_LongFig8Install.JPG
Views: 279
Size:  53.0 KB

I hope you found my first product review informative. Thanks to the TB crew and all the forum posters who have answered my questions. - LS6
    Last edited by lonestar6; 07-19-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    moriond likes this.

This is a great post!

Using the logo as size reference is genius! It will be used on many occasions from now on, I am sure but you were the first to think of it.

Way to go Lonestar6!
    moriond likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    Darcy rode in on her white horse (carrying an empire builder if memory serves :) ) and offered to send me a prototype longer zipper pull if I would take pictures. I agreed. The zipper pulls arrived earlier this week, I have installed them, so prepare for pictures:
    <snip>
    +1 I'd like to have the different cord length options, too, without having to separately buy the cord.
    jaon likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0