Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By nukediver
  • 1 Post By pw1224

Thread: Take me out to the ballgame

Take me out to the ballgame

This past Sunday, a bunch of us went to the Yankees Old Timers' Day celebration and Yankees-White Sox game at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees are the only MLB team that still hosts this great celebration. To be able to see so many legends on the field at one time is an amazing thing for a fan of the game to see. The game was sold out, and it was HOT in the stadium (100+), but I was prepared because I'd brought my Synapse! In the old Yankee Stadium, you were not allowed to bring in any kind of bag, but the new stadium allows for a bag up to 16"x16"x8". The Synapse was a perfect choice. You are also allowed to bring in water, in up to 1-L size sealed plastic bottles.

In my Synapse, I had packed 3 bottles of water, binoculars, my Canon G12, iphone, hat, sunblock, mini first aid kit (in a medium Iberian Dyneema pouch, of course), and keys. There was still plenty of room left inside.

Name:  NYY-TB1.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  875.4 KB

The stadium looked great (as always), and the the game was a good one, with the Yankees winning 4-2. The earlier Old Timers' game had the Clippers beating the Bombers 6-2.

Name:  stadium.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  804.3 KB

And I got to watch one of my favorite players, the always classy, Number 2, Derek Jeter.

Name:  DJ.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  427.3 KB

Other than the absolutely awful heat, which totally wiped me out for another day, it was a fun day made easier by carrying my Synapse!
    Last edited by nukediver; 07-04-2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: spacing issues

Um... like the bag... love the setting. Go Yanks!