Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By kmcg

Thread: The Mariners Cadet

The Mariners Cadet

My brother-in-law is a devoted fan of the Seattle Mariners, and made the trip this weekend for the Mariners vs Boston series. He has to carry certain things to every game, and I've been teasing him for awhile about his tattered game-bag. So today I took him on a pilgrimage to the Tom Bihn store, and he came away the proud owner of a new Cadet. I felt a little bit like a crack dealer, pushing various must-have accessories on him :) He ended up getting a small and a medium clear OP, but really wanted the pouches to have hooks at each end, so they would hang straight across instead of dangling down. The helpful guy at TB found some extra hooks, which were easy to sew onto the other end of each pouch. The pix below attempt to show off the nicely centered pouches, along with the game essentials.

Name:  cadet.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  619.1 KB
    Name:  inside cadet.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  498.9 KB
    Name:  pouch.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  695.9 KB

The Cadet (larger sized) comfortably held a Mariners jacket, a hoody, sunscreen, hat, power bar, snacks, score-keeping stuff, sunglasses, radio, batteries, etc. It was fun to introduce someone to Tom Bihn. He had actually met Tom and Darcy at a dinner party, but had never met their great products. He's now a fan!

YES!!! I want TB to create pouches with hooks at both ends so I can hang them up at the top of the main compartment of my Synapse, where there always seems to be "leftover space". It would also be an easy way to get to items that are used fairly often, but don't fit or don't need to be in the side pockets.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Nice job @kmcg and thanks for great photos. I like the idea of the hooks in the middle of the pouch so my pouches hang straight down in certain TB bags. Perhaps, the TB crew will offer pouches with hooks located as they are now or in the middle as in @kmcg's brother-in-law's pouches. He is very lucky to snag customized TB pouch.

Looks good - thanks for sharing. It was nice of them to sew the extra hooks on to the pouches.

He's very happy with the double-ender pouches, but just to clarify, he sewed the hooks on himself. It was so nice that the TB folks could come up with a couple extra hooks for him, but he did the sewing. As soon as he saw the 2 O-rings spaced several inches apart, he just knew that 2 hooks were essential so the pouches would hang evenly!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0