Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By gochicken
  • 2 Post By Katy
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 2 Post By gochicken

Thread: Side Effect and Synapse perfect for Yosemite trip

Side Effect and Synapse perfect for Yosemite trip

I just got back from a 5 day trip to Yosemite which doubled as a family reunion. I was amazed that I was able to pack all my things into my Synapse, Side Effect, and Large Shop Bag. I did also take a Swift that was packed with a knitting project to show my mom and another knitted slipper project.

The Side Effect proved to be most useful. I kept my room key, lip balm, cell phone, coffee/tea tickets, receipts, keys, Cork wallet, Yosemite Valley Shuttle Map, an 8.5 x 11.5 paper folded in fourths, and pen in it and wore it with the strap (never used the fanny pack option).

When we went out for our daily outing, I also brought my Synapse with the Tall Stuff Sack (Iím knitting slippers), an insulated 12 oz Kleen Kanteen, snacks, extra jacket, and sunglasses. This way, I was never without my knitting, and had plenty of room to carry extra stuff (had 6 kids ages 2-13 with us), and was able to carry everything comfortably for hours. I could have put the Side Effect into the Synapse as well, but it was so handy to be able to access what I needed in an instant.

Synapse and Side Effect at Lower Yosemite Falls Shuttle Stop

Name:  IMG_0870.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  61.3 KB

L to R: Azalea Swift, Cardinal LS (my mom's), Plum Side Effect, Tall UV Stuff Sack, Black/UV Synapse, Large UV Shop Bag

Name:  IMG_1322.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  28.7 KB
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

That sounds like a great trip! I love the bag family photo :).
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thank you so much for sharing such a great picture!

Two of my favorite things.... Yosemite and Tom Bihn stuff! I was really hoping I'd find another TB person there, but apparently all of you were working and/or not on vacation at Yosemite!

I took pictures of my Synapse and Side Effect all over the place.... the Ahwahnee Hotel, on the trails, waiting for the shuttle, etc. I got confused stares all the time: This lady has six kids with her, and she is telling them to get out of the picture so she can get a photo of her bags! (Actually, I did take photos of my kids and nephews and niece!)

Having the Tall Stuff Sack allowed me to knit on the go. That ability, combined with my favorite bags in my favorite place makes triple perfection!
    dorayme and SusanM like this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs