Like Tree19Likes
  • 13 Post By Badger
  • 6 Post By Badger

Thread: You guys = the bomb!

You guys = the bomb!

Today started off as a traumatic day: I knew that a package from TB was supposed to have arrived for me on Friday, but I was out of the office. And when I came in this morning, it was not in the mailroom. I asked the secretary. No package. I finally figured out that it had been delivered to some completely random building across campus (hey, shout out, Tippie College of Business!). The lady who had signed for the box did not remember having done so, but assured me: "if we did get it [deep intonation of skepticism], then we sent it on by campus mail."

I was not feeling super confident about this turn of events.

Happily, I got an email a couple of hours later saying a box had arrived for me. Wheee! I went down to get it--it was my much-anticipated mini Solar Dyneema Organizer pouch. So imagine my surprise when I saw this:

For those of you who have ever ordered an Aeronaut, that's how big this box was. I immediately attributed this to some mischief on the part of one Katy SanGregory.

I opened the box, and sure enough: mini Solar Dyneema Organizer pouch.

But there was also all of this!

I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, but this has seriously made my day. The poster and sticker are now adorning my office (which needs all the decorating help it can get, I assure you).

At the risk of repeating myself: you guys are the bomb. And, just so you know, I say hello to Titus and Hector for you every day! Thanks for everything!

We think you're the bomb too! Hehe! When we were packaging it up I kept telling Brian how you were going to be soooo shocked when you saw the size of the box! I wish I could have seen your face! I'm glad you liked it all!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I wish I could have seen your face!
    I think it was kind of like this:

@Badger, I am seriously jealous of your dyneeema synapse and TB poster. I had an order that arrived last Thursday - no poster.

My office is moving this week and next week to a much larger facility. I am afraid to ship my TB purchases there as they do not have a central shipping/mail receiving area.

So need to sort out shipping address before I place my next TB order.

Badger, as always fabu pics! Love 'em! I get to vicariously enjoy your surprise package with you while no harm is done to the ol' credit card :) And your TB poster is, in the words of my middle schooler, "seriously beast"! I'm expecting a TB package on Friday...perhaps there will be a surprise in there (*fingers cross*)! Either way, it's bound to be a good day :)

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    @Badger, I am seriously jealous of your dyneeema synapse and TB poster. I had an order that arrived last Thursday - no poster.

My office is moving this week and next week to a much larger facility. I am afraid to ship my TB purchases there as they do not have a central shipping/mail receiving area.

So need to sort out shipping address before I place my next TB order.
    Sorry--I didn't mean to inspire jealousy. (Although if you saw my "luxurious" office you'd be slavering and green with envy. Truth.)

We don't have a central mail area either--the UPS guy tries to hunt down whomever and usually it's not too bad, just hair-raising on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Badger, as always fabu pics! Love 'em! I get to vicariously enjoy your surprise package with you while no harm is done to the ol' credit card :) And your TB poster is, in the words of my middle schooler, "seriously beast"! I'm expecting a TB package on Friday...perhaps there will be a surprise in there (*fingers cross*)! Either way, it's bound to be a good day :)
    Tlacltme, that's pretty funny. Yes, I'm pretty talented with the CC. I am trying to be more moderate now. Until I eventually bite the bullet on a Tri-Star, I think I'm good . . . for the moment . . .

You know, for a split second I totally mis-read your middle schooler's favorite saying (added an "r" where it should not have been) and was completely mystified. What could it mean??? But yes. TB poster = totally beast.

What a great post Badger! The pictures, the reaction after the suspense...and cheers to Katy and Brian! (The crew-family are another reason why this company is a favourite of mine!)

Must say - mighty nice solar organizer pouch you have! :)
    Last edited by Maria; 05-30-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0