Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By conejo23
  • 2 Post By conejo23

Thread: Side Effect on a Segway

Side Effect on a Segway

Here's a pic of my Side Effect on the Segway tour we took today in downtown Austin, Texas. That's my wife and son with me. They surprised me for my 51st birthday, told me to wear walking clothes and not plan anything for this afternoon. It was a great surprise!

if you've never been on a Segway, i HIGHLY recommend it. big fun. Those things are a blast to ride.

That looks ridiculously fun! How was the tour overall? I hear Austin is an AMAZING city!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Austin is awesome! it's got a great college town energy combined with a vibrant tech industry and its renowned music and art scene.

The tour was really good. You can do one of the downtown/capitol area, which we decided not to do. that's about a 3-4 hour tour and it was going to be in the mid 90s, so we opted for the 90 minute - 2 hour tour of the Town Lake area, which was great. This fall when the weather cools down i absolutely want to do the downtown tour. They also do a cool one in the fall when the bats start to come out. Have you heard about our bats? i don't remember the exact figure but i think it's every late summer they migrate here and we get one of the largest bat colonies in North America. Every dusk they take off to feed on insects, and it's trippy because millions of them all nest in the same place, under the Congress Street Bridge, which is like half a mile from where that pic was taken above. People will line the bridge and the walking trails below it every night and watch the spectacle, it's amazing. Here's a picture that does a poor job of showing it, but you kinda get the idea:

But yeah, if you get a chance to spend an hour or two on a Segway, do it. they're a lot of fun!
    Sera and Scattered like this.

What great photos, conejo23! The Segway looks like a blast. Any guess on the age/height restrictions for riding a Segway? (I have a passel of young'ns and I'm wondering how young you can be and still ride) (*mental gears turning*)

I'm not sure. But I know they accept minors. Here's their website, I didn't see a height restriction, but I'm gonna guess you have to be about 4.5' tall at a minimum, maybe 5'. Otherwise it might be a challenge to steer the thing.

Austin Texas Segway Tours, City Sightseeing Tours, Team Building | Gliding Revolution

And yes, it IS a blast! Once we got back to the parking lot of the place, I asked "can I just buzz around for about 5 minutes?" and they were fine with that. I didn't want to get off it!

Happy Birthday Conejo23!

What a memorable birthday adventure!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0