Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Cats examine new Aeronauts

Cats examine new Aeronauts

After checking the UPS status 9 times today our new His (steel & solar) and Hers (forest & ultraviolet) Aeronauts just arrived.

WOW!!! These are beautifully designed and flawlessly fabricated objects. Thank you Tom Bihn Crew!!!

We loaded the bags with Pendleton blankets and walked around in small circles testing the Absolute strap and the backpack straps. Our initial reaction is that these have got to be the most comfortable carry on sized bags ever made in the history of planet earth - especially when loaded with soft wool blankets and walking barefoot on a nice Persian rug - we could have walked all night.

Gearing up for my lovely wife's 50th birthday getaway in Tofino B.C. It's still a month away but I'm starting to pack right now just to keep messing around with the Aeronaut(s)

Photo:
    Cats are examining the bobbin tension on the stitches. They said the stitching looks nice and even on both sides and that there were no dangling threads. They also suggested that a bag of this caliber would be a more dignified manner of transport to the Vet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome mfield!

Such beautiful cats! Obviously intrigued by the new bags, and wondering when Tom will design a cat carrier! (I'm secretly hoping for one too!)

Cheers!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Our cats could be related! LOL!

Name:  2419_58408501318_4296080_n.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  52.5 KB

Impeccable Cats & Bags

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    Our cats could be related! LOL!

Name:  2419_58408501318_4296080_n.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  52.5 KB
    You have impeccable taste in cats and bags!!!
    Maria likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I hope this is only the first of many photos you'll take of your new bags!
    Katy likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I love the bags and all the kitties here! I've got to start looking at this forum at home where I can post pics rather than spending my work lunchtime here, where I can't access my photos!

@mfield - I've heard so much about Tofino, and it sounds like we need to get over there. It's just a short ferry ride from where I live. I'd love to hear about your trip when you return, hopefully with pictures of your adventures!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Welcome mfield!

Such beautiful cats! Obviously intrigued by the new bags, and wondering when Tom will design a cat carrier! (I'm secretly hoping for one too!)

Cheers!
    I have to link to Maria's post with pictures of Mika inspecting her new Western Flyer. What we really want to see are the follow-up pictures of the cats claiming their bags as in the first picture in this linked post from the Cordura and lint thread.

moriond
    Maria likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I hope this is only the first of many photos you'll take of your new bags!
    No worries Darcy. I love bags and photography.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I have to link to Maria's post with pictures of Mika inspecting her new Western Flyer. What we really want to see are the follow-up pictures of the cats claiming their bags as in the first picture in this linked post from the Cordura and lint thread.

moriond
    No worries moriond. I'll get some follow up pics and post them to cordura & lint.

@mfield - I've heard so much about Tofino, and it sounds like we need to get over there. It's just a short ferry ride from where I live. I'd love to hear about your trip when you return, hopefully with pictures of your adventures![/QUOTE]

I'll bring back plenty of pics of Tofino to share and get you inspired to head on up.

They're giving the bags a cat scan.

(sorry)

You guys staying at The Wickaninnish? If so please let me know how you liked it, have it flagged for our thirtieth annv.

Hello jilytibrme, Yes we are spending 4 nights at the Wickaninnish and 3 in Vancouver. We have never been to the Wicki - but it sounds fantastic. It's been on our "to do" list forever. I'll post pics of our Aeronauts at the Wickaninnish.

Quote Originally Posted by jilytibrme View Post
    You guys staying at The Wickaninnish? If so please let me know how you liked it, have it flagged for our thirtieth annv.

That's hilarious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
    They're giving the bags a cat scan.

(sorry)

Last week I hauled out the TriStar for a short trip. I put the bag on the floor while I was arranging my belongings on the bed. I didn't notice that my cat had claimed the bag until I got ready to put the large packing cube in the bag. I'm glad I looked down instead of just dropping the packing cube on the bag.
    Name:  LunaPic.JPG
Views: 737
Size:  120.2 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0