Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: the aeronaut and small cafe bag in bavaria!

Volunteer Moderator

the aeronaut and small cafe bag in bavaria!

hi folks!

i'm in munchen for the day with my aeronaut and small cafe bag!

it's a beautiful sunny day in bavaria, though we had a quick down pour. the contents of my bags are dry - tom bihn 2, rain 0! :)

i saw an apple store here in marienplatz, and i thought let me pop in and share a few pictures. more to follow when i return!
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Those bags looks very good together! Makes me want a conifer small cafe bag again!
    Last edited by Maria; 05-24-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Cannot get the "reds" mixed up again!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Awesome photos as usual Maverick!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    my aeronaut is fairly loosely packed. 4-5 t-shirts, 3 yoga pants, 5 pairs of underwear, 2 pairs of shorts - all in a packing cube backpack, a rain coat, a big fat hard bound book, toiletries in a clear quarter packing cube, adapters and chargers in small organizer pouches, and my 13" macbook air. oh, and my crazy creek roll up camping chair tied on the outside.

my small cafe bag has my clear organizer wallet, ear plugs and earphones in a mini padded organizer pouch, change in a mini dyneema organizer pouch, fuji x10 camera, iphone, 2 pens, lip balm, sunglasses, and i'm not sure what else.

i have to say it was interesting being at the apple store in munich - it is amazing how the setup, selection of accessories (except some stuff that varies to locality) and so forth is identical to the apple stores in the u.s. my macbook air and iphone even connected automatically to the apple store wifi!
    Last edited by maverick; 05-24-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    lunch at a vegetarian restaurant in marienplatz called prinz myshkin.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    around marienplatz -
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    lunch at a vegetarian restaurant in marienplatz called prinz myshkin.
    I've eaten there before! Great pictures, maverick.

moriond

Beautiful pictures of a terrific city! And thank you for the packing lists. I'm trying to learn to pack less stuff, so I'm always nosily interested to see what other folks take with them. :)
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

Awesome pictures! My favorite is the dude chilling out on the fountain.

this looks incredibly delicious...and I am stunned you could find a vegetarian place there. Tells me how much it has all changed. the last time I was in Bavaria--a decade or so ago, it was next to impossible to find anything!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    this looks incredibly delicious...and I am stunned you could find a vegetarian place there. Tells me how much it has all changed. the last time I was in Bavaria--a decade or so ago, it was next to impossible to find anything!
    I think Prinz Myshkin opened in 2002, so that is just about a decade ago. Munich (München) has always been a pretty international and cosmopolitan city. What amazes me more is that I know someone who is ethnic German and who managed to be a vegetarian while growing up in Germany and going to university there in the 1980s.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    Beautiful pictures of a terrific city! And thank you for the packing lists. I'm trying to learn to pack less stuff, so I'm always nosily interested to see what other folks take with them. :)
    hi sera!

i try to pack 3 changes of clothes (and i'm wearing the 4th) for trips that are 3 days long or 10 days long, or certainly longer, and plan to have my clothes laundered (or to do laundry) at my destination. this approach works well so long as i don't require attire for a special occasion - in which case i'd pack that in addition to the daily changes of clothes.

certainly, if your travels involve varying climates, you'll need to plan for that.

i've used the aeronaut to pack for trips in the winter where i need lighter clothes in the afternoon and warm clothes for the early morning, and it hasn't let me down!

because this is a summer trip with warm weather, my aeronaut isn't packed to the brim.

i also must applaud the packing cube backpack. if you over-shop while on travels, you can pull the packing cube backpack out to hold either your clothes or stuff you bought!

it occurs to me that the other thing i did this time is not pack any bars, nuts or trail mix (something i usually keep in my aeronaut while on travel in case the airline forgets my vegetarian meal request - and something that comes back home with me on most trips). that means i can put my small cafe bag into one of the end compartments of the aeronaut if i want to.
    Sera likes this.
    -m

Thanks so much for taking the time to put up a detailed response! <3
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

Volunteer Moderator
    the aeronaut and small cafe bag waiting to board at amritsar airport in india...

i love the look i was getting from the guy sitting a couple of seats down from my bags - he's probably wondering - what's wrong with this guy? he's taking a picture of his bags???

hehehe! :)
    Last edited by maverick; 05-30-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Katy and Maria like this.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    the aeronaut waiting to board at münchen airport...
    Katy likes this.
    -m

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0