Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree812Likes

Thread: Your Photos Are Needed

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I have the same bag, and I adore it! I know you'll love yours, too.
    ~Nancy
    Absolutely! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    This is a super-helpful photo for me! Shows me how much you can load up (I like those threads) and the relative size of the objects. That is some serious reading you have going - wow!
    Glad it's helpful! I also sometimes put my umbrella in the back slash pocket, it's a bit too tall for the water bottle pocket. That book is awesome BTW :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A candid moment with a Synapse 25 in Steel/Wasabi. Name:  S25 Steel:Wasabi.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  575.4 KB

Pilot made its inaugural road trip this past weekend... shown here during the River Street Seafood Fest in Savannah, GA.

Name:  Pilot in Savannah.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  156.3 KB
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Black Ballistic: Tri-Star (Iberian), Co-Pilot (Iberian)
    Steel Ballistic: Western Flyer (Iberian), Pilot (UV)
    Black Dyneema: Synapse25 (Wasabi), Pilot (Wasabi), Side Effect (Wasabi), PCSB

Flower Power

Lonely FJN in cardinal seeking the same in a lovely shade of purple....
    Name:  FJNflower.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  297.7 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  476.5 KB

Small UV Shop Bag cradling 8 pots of culinary herbs today at the market.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
Views: 758
Size:  476.5 KB

I'm stuffed, but this lovely picture is making my mouth water!

Volunteer Moderator

I like the way the bag has been turned inside out, so the side pockets that were in the interior can be used to carry additional herbs on the outside of the bag (a trick that several people use for increasing the capacity of the shop bags when carrying bottles in these pockets). I also like the hint of the Nordic blue shop bag below.

Pretty! I'm curious, do you regularly use your shop bag in-side-out?

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Small cafe bag in Linen/Navy.

Got a surprise unboxing over the parapack lining but the bag is a complete and utter color/load WIN. Linen is sophisticatedly understated and it really pops next to the navy parapack. So glad I chose this combo!

Here I am finally using the medium yarn sack from my Swift to hold my Canon EOS-M camera and extra lens. Inside the YSS is an insert from the Lowepro Courier 80 bag. A mesh 3D cube with the camera accessories fits perfectly on top (and also in the back pocket of the SCB).

After a gleeful test carry around the house, the feel of the SCB is much better (for me) than the MCB. I just love it!
    Glad to hear! I really like my Linen/Steel SCB -- it's a great EDC bag. I use my MCB for travel or days when I want to bring a few files home from work, but otherwise, it's me and my SCB! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltee View Post
    Pretty! I'm curious, do you regularly use your shop bag in-side-out?
    Always. It increases the carrying capacity of the bag. In addition, I can place items in the pockets that are frequently bagged in plastic, i.e. Household cleaners, shampoo; also cards and rolled magazines. If empty, I can also place a coffee drink in there for the carry into the house.

Volunteer Moderator
    Always. It increases the carrying capacity of the bag. In addition, I can place items in the pockets that are frequently bagged in plastic, i.e. Household cleaners, shampoo; also cards and rolled magazines. If empty, I can also place a coffee drink in there for the carry into the house.
    @hamiltee, @monkeylady, and others Using the Shop bag inside-out to increase the carrying capacity of the bag was a usage scenario that was discussed very early in the reviews of the Shop Bag. See, for example, the Five days with Shop Bag thread by @rabergnc from November 2008, when the Shop Bag (in the "regular" size that is now called "small") debuted. His picture shows the bag inverted, which was also mentioned as being handy for carrying wine bottles in the pockets.

There also used to be a Shop Bag video that @maverick posted in the what's in your shop bag? thread. None of those links appear to work any more, and I can't find the original video elsewhere. However, my recollection is that @maverick also demonstrated how the shop bag could be used inside-out to carry items. That's the old Sapphire Dyneema for which there was a very limited run of shop bags. The color of Sapphire Dyneema shown in those pictures is fairly accurate (unlike the problems in showing the darker and more difficult to photograph Nordic Dyneema).

HTH. moriond

I made a neat discovery recently, though longer term users of the Synapse 19 may already know this...the small Alite camp chairs fit in the S19 with plenty of room left for a picnic lunch and light jacket. Just in case anyone else enjoys urban picnics...People continue to be amazed with all I fit into my miniature bag of holding. Name:  S19_1.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  177.7 KBName:  S19_2.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  124.6 KBName:  S19_3.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  119.5 KB

A TB Trio in Blue

For my road trip last week, I took my Nordic Large Shop Bag, Navy Tri-Star and Nordic Synapse 19. It was a perfect trio -- helped by the Nordic SCB and Nordic SE I snuck into the Synapse. After business was done, I drove up to Ashland, Oregon, for the weekend. Here is the trio upon arriving at our room in the Ashland Springs Hotel.

Name:  P1020377.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  331.2 KB

Edited to add: The Shop Bag is for water bottles, coffee/tea maker and supplies, and food/snacks -- and it includes a Wasabi TT (my Nordic TT has not arrived yet). The Tri-Star is for clothing, toiletries and jogging shoes. The S19 is for electronics and daily carry stuff.
    Last edited by taminca; 05-18-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Views: 545
Size:  382.0 KB
    My small UV Shop Bag fulfilling its destiny--carrying fresh, ripe peaches and raspberries and the new peach basket.
    I hope you all have a thoughtful, meaningful Memorial Day weekend. We honor the cherished ones we have lost by enjoying all the beauty in the now and marveling in the gift of our own lives. My Now will include peaches and peach juice running down my chin.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0