Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1119Likes

Thread: Your Photos Are Needed

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Another totally random thought: is it just me or does anyone else think the Cardinal CP would look really cute hung around a St Bernard's neck? ^.^
    ETA: using an Absolute Strap of course, for the St Bernard's comfort.

@adalangdon
    did you consider just hosing down the dirty CP when you 1st got it? (showerhead, cold water)
    You mean replace the barrel with a CP?

Name:  640px-St_Bernard_with_barrel_alt.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  136.3 KB

Yeah, I thought of it but I'm scared to leave my bag in the sun. I once left a backpack to dry on the balcony after soaking and scrubbing it. After 5 hours, the exterior was really hot while the inside was still quite damp. So I had to let it bake for a few more hours after turning it inside out. I don't want to subject my CP to that :S

The tape I used was just regular 3M tape, no worries! There was a lot of crap on the zippers, especially where they were sewn into the ballistic nylon. I find tape very useful for removing stray pet hairs (one of my cats is a cream-coloured FUR BOMB) or large specks of dirt. Gentle and effective.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-26-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Yep! Replace with a Cardinal or red CP, best looking rescue St Bernard! And plus they might be able to pack other useful stuff in there ^.^

Regarding the drying of the bag, yeah, leaving it out in our kind of sunlight isn't a good idea, plus with the humidity here, it won't dry that fast. What I've found to be a better method is to dry it with a towel, large one. For the inside, pack the towel in and press gently to absorb the moisture. Then leave the bag in front of a fan with its opening facing the fan.

Your method sounds great too, will give it a try if I should ever need to.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Regarding the drying of the bag, yeah, leaving it out in our kind of sunlight isn't a good idea, plus with the humidity here, it won't dry that fast. What I've found to be a better method is to dry it with a towel, large one. For the inside, pack the towel in and press gently to absorb the moisture. Then leave the bag in front of a fan with its opening facing the fan.
    Hmm, good idea. The towel inside would prevent the pooling of water, especially in rigid bags like ballistic Pilots and CPs.

I really hate our weather :( :( Of all the things I miss about living overseas, I miss not having to deal with weather like this all year round the most.

Your Photos Are Needed

Grocery shopping on our bikes w TB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406521304.654824.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  321.7 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406521354.137073.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  356.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by gulfcoastgal; 07-27-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Cork LS
    ISO. Red LS / Swift. & Azalea Swift

In my TB fleet:
    Swift: Turquoise ! /Cork/Black Dyneema
    LS:Turquoise ! /Azalea/black dyneema
    Shop bag: big : Black / Solar
    Shop bag Small: Black /Solar/UV
    PCSB: Iberian x2 /UV
    SE: solarx2/Black dyneema x2
    Aeronaut: cardinal in A-45. / Black Dyneema in A-30
    Field journal : plum and now the Cordura RED that matches my cardinal A-45 perfectly now belongs to Hubs- matches his red Imago old style

Your Photos Are Needed

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406521868.838304.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  218.3 KB

Before. (Seattle influence. Vogs and TB)

And after
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406521900.870095.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  350.1 KB

Used The following
    LSBs in black solar and Nordic
    SE. TSS swift in cork and PCSB in UV
    All but one bag used
    Fit nicely in our bikes
    We filled each to half then knew our shopping was over as that's all we could
    carry bag in balanced manner
    Last edited by gulfcoastgal; 07-27-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Cork LS
    ISO. Red LS / Swift. & Azalea Swift

In my TB fleet:
    Swift: Turquoise ! /Cork/Black Dyneema
    LS:Turquoise ! /Azalea/black dyneema
    Shop bag: big : Black / Solar
    Shop bag Small: Black /Solar/UV
    PCSB: Iberian x2 /UV
    SE: solarx2/Black dyneema x2
    Aeronaut: cardinal in A-45. / Black Dyneema in A-30
    Field journal : plum and now the Cordura RED that matches my cardinal A-45 perfectly now belongs to Hubs- matches his red Imago old style

I kept forgetting to take pictures whenever I'd get an order, so yesterday when I picked up my most recent one, I took a group shot of my items. Though... my new 3DFOC managed to hide/escape from me when I was taking the pictures, so it is missing from this lineup, alas. I definitely have a problem, but I can't help but love a well-crafted bag.

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  695.2 KBName:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  652.3 KB
    A45, LCB, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

This one's for the Solar lovers - taking my Solar Shop Tote out for the evening in my Solar car:
    Name:  2014-08-02 19.07.20.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  585.5 KB

It doesn't matter which TB bag it is - if it's out, Bob is on it. Maybe TB should look into making cat beds?
    Name:  2014-08-04 20.38.34.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  877.5 KB

Kayaking SJ Islands with the TT

I spent last week kayaking/camping around the San Juan Islands and, while the rest of my TB gear was stowed away in the tent, the versatile Wasabi Travel Tray was my constant companion while kayaking. It contained my lunch for each day and, stashed on the kayak next to a SealLine dry bag, held up wonderfully. I was concerned about the salt water exposure, but upon arriving home, I tossed it in the washing machine, and the TT came out as good as new.

Name:  kayak1.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  kayak2.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  kayak3.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  77.4 KB
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Washu View Post
    This one's for the Solar lovers - taking my Solar Shop Tote out for the evening in my Solar car:
    Name:  2014-08-02 19.07.20.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  585.5 KB
    ... Maybe I should order an Ultraviolet Shop Bag so I can match it to my MINI as well!!! :)

My Cooper S is a somewhat rare Black Eye Purple/Purple Haze from 2005. They very sadly didn't keep that colour around. Even the shop mechanics swoon over it any time I've ever had to bring the car in. Much the same reaction I'm sure we all have to bag photos (let alone sightings)!
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Woah I was just lamenting how sadly bland car colors are these days - loving the solar shop bag w/ matching car! Maybe now they'll catch on and make a car in Nordic...

Night Flight loaded with six 3D organizer cubes. iPad mini & Kindle paper white behind them under the two Q Kits. Nordic TT in the lid & UV CQPC in the RIGHT pocket with running/swimming items. Still room for more!

Name:  NightFlightPacked.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  363.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    ... Maybe I should order an Ultraviolet Shop Bag so I can match it to my MINI as well!!! :)

My Cooper S is a somewhat rare Black Eye Purple/Purple Haze from 2005. They very sadly didn't keep that colour around. Even the shop mechanics swoon over it any time I've ever had to bring the car in. Much the same reaction I'm sure we all have to bag photos (let alone sightings)!
    Googled your car, it is SWEET! I think Aubergine and Plum seems to match the color better though!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireJ View Post
    Woah I was just lamenting how sadly bland car colors are these days - loving the solar shop bag w/ matching car! Maybe now they'll catch on and make a car in Nordic...
    You mean complete with the lines? That'll be the first and ultimate in enabling (if it happens), buying a car on impulse to match your bag!!

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Night Flight loaded with six 3D organizer cubes. iPad mini & Kindle paper white behind them under the two Q Kits. Nordic TT in the lid & UV CQPC in the RIGHT pocket with running/swimming items. Still room for more!

Name:  NightFlightPacked.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  363.5 KB
    May I ask if that's a test pack or is that a planned set up?

More of a test pack / proof of concept so far. I have 2 weeks to fine tune the arrangement. Maybe the final product will be forum worthy!?!

Your Photos Are Needed

S19 came for a bike ride to the park today. I LOVE summer!

Edit: And my medium YSS came out to play too.

Last edited by terayon; 08-11-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0