Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1078Likes

Thread: Your Photos Are Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Oh backpack I had read before that you are French, please please put up with my stupid comments! I do not get the language and I am happy, that we won at the WMM but I LOVE the food and the parts I have seen so far (mostly the plateau Aubrac) because we are farmers and the cattle we bread are from France. They are the most beautifully cattle you can find on this planet, they even use eyeliner:

Attachment 7307

The reason I keep forgetting that you are native French is obvious: I can not distinguish your English from native Americans. I do not think, that I will get so far with my English but as long as you keep assuring me, that you get what I am trying to say...

Ilkyway
    Ilkyway you are the cutest!

i wasn't offended because some French films are not good at all.

I love Classics: English (UK, U.S, India, Canada), European and Japanese films.
    All of them with subtitles.

I can't stand dubbing.

Cows are wonderful! I grew up in a province where cows, are king, well the cheese they make are.

Well, sometimes, I have trouble expressing myself in short sentences and I have to check the dictionary to see if a word that seems to be the same in English and French is really the same.

There is also the fun of "false friends" words like actually and actuellement, wait I have to go to the dictionary because I always mix up those up, Actually means really and actuellement means now.

Thank you for taking the time to share all those beautiful pictures! With 3 daughters, a farm to run and a spouse/partner to dazzle, days should be longer than 24 hours.

The same goes for all our lovely Mods and forum Participants. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Well thank you GoStanford for giving the opportunity back to laugh. I honestly busted out loud when I came to the university-part. I know I make mistakes and I know you all are great in overlooking them. But I would never had guessed this particular funny one if you had not pointed it out. Thank you. Scribe is the only other person to sometimes point the funny once out. I like that, I have to say, because I love language and I like to be in on the jokes I accidentally make. So, if next time it is as far from my intended meaning like Jail and Yale or howl and haul feel free to point it out!

And as for us non Americans learning all English: It started with Friends (very poorly synchronized to German), than came Terry Pratchett (I know - British), after that D. Adams for sure and than I was hooked. And I have to say many audio-books that origin in English language are shortened for the German Customers. I am so furious about this. They cut out pieces so that it fits on just 6 or what CDs. I had a fight with my mother about this once. She argued, that they wont cut out important stuff. I asked her if she would like them to cut pictures too, so that they would fit smaller frames (what about half a Mona Lisa?). But the English versions of the same Books are almost all the time unabridged. And there you have (one) reason, why my tiping is so... funny. I mostly listen to English. The reading part is only about 10% of my English-Consuming. Did you want to know all this? Probably not, but thank you for reading it anyway ;-)

This forum in fact helped me a lot in improving my ability to form sentences. If you only listen/read you learn to understand (I think there is not much I do not get. The most difficult book I listened to for now was "Thinking, Fast and Slow" but speaking/writing is a totally different challenge.

Thanks for being awesome You ALL!
    Ilkyway
    Ilkyway-
    I usually have no trouble figuring out what you are trying to say by just prounouncing your words in my head. That you learn/ practice english by listening rather than reading makes total sense to me !

However, when I read Yale, all I could think of was the University in Connecticut.. LOL! Now that I remember how germans pronounce J, it makes sense!

And ability to actually effectively communicate in a second language is so impressive!

I love it when obsessions overlap here! Another Terry Pratchett fan! @Ilkyway this just reaffirms your good taste! (First established of course by being a Bihnion...) ;)
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by enjih View Post
    I love it when obsessions overlap here! Another Terry Pratchett fan! @Ilkyway this just reaffirms your good taste! (First established of course by being a Bihnion...) ;)
    And another Pterry fan here :)

Name:  NF kitty.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  119.0 KB

Cat imagining the possible adventures one could have with a Night Flight...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bags: Western Flyer, Pilot, Brain Bag, Medium Café Bag

Packing for a nine-day, multi-stage vacation including an outdoor music festival, camping, and 700-km road trip. This is my navy/wasabi Aeronaut with a large packing cube, a small packing cube, an end-pocket packing cube (wrapped around a pair of Soft Star shoes, so very flat), a PCSB diaper kit, swim wear, a 3D clear org cube toiletry kit, two hats, an umbrella and a laundry bag. Full-size towel is already in the end pocket.

The first layer is the large packing cube and the shoes.

The second layer is the other two packing cubes plus the hats in the main compartment, and the org cube plus swim wear in the end pocket.

Zipped up and ready to go in the car!

OgreBattle, what is the white gizmo in your photos (post 160)?
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by WMW40 View Post

Dear TB - please never make those little mesh pouches in other colors - my miniscule finances would never recover...
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    Dear TB - please never make those little mesh pouches in other colors - my miniscule finances would never recover...
    Those Coyote Organizer Pouches are actually all Ballistic, there's a bigger one that has a mesh front, and yes, the mesh is Coyote too!
    I'm wondering if they'll use the Coyote snap hooks, zippers and trim for more of their bags in future.
    The Q-Kit in Coyote especially comes to mind, would be nice if that one is all Coyote!

Quote Originally Posted by WMW40 View Post

Ooooooooooooooooo!!! A camo Brain Bag! I am so jealous. I wasn't able to build up enough $$$ to get one with the accessories I wanted before they discontinued them.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Your Photos Are Needed

Steel/crimson MCB and forest/steel Pilot (with size 4 forest KTP and a kiwi pencil case) at the office...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405925159.319059.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  419.3 KB

You dual wielded them to the office?
    ETA: please excuse the geekiness. I meant to ask - you carried both to the office?
    enjih, jess and RobNC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    You dual wielded them to the office?
    ETA: please excuse the geekiness. I meant to ask - you carried both to the office?
    Ha! This is not technically dual-wielding, given that my MCB is carried cross-body :3 (But yes, I always play dual-wielding PCs in RPGs. Woo! How did you know!!?)

Actually, I always have a SCB or MCB with me as a handbag 'cus I want my EZ link, cash, tissue etc. instantly at hand. Office stuff like files, water bottle, notebooks, rain jacket all go into my Pilot/CP/S19 whatever. So yes, I never one-bag it unless I'm just going out to eat or doing very light shopping!
    icebeng likes this.

I do something similar: work-bag (Laptop, folders, pencil case, chargers etc) and a personal bag with all the things I do not want to be caught without. The bags wary more than the contents.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0