Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 374
Like Tree1450Likes

Thread: Your Photos Are Needed

  1. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rhinebeck, NY
    Posts
    46



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bags: Western Flyer, Pilot, Brain Bag, Medium Café Bag

  2. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    33
    I don't have but a few pictures so far but you're welcome to use them. :)


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  3. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    37
    You are welcome to use any photos I have

  4. #169
    Registered User pinkknits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    University Place, Wa
    Posts
    49

    Cool

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  476.6 KB

    Strange, my car drove itself from my job interview downtown in Seattle to the Tom Bihn store. I got out and had enough self-restraint to not buy the Black Dyneema Pilot I had my eyes on (it would be the perfect work bag, if I get this job promotion) and purchased a Solar and Coyote Mini Pouch, Wasabi Stuff Sack (for use in my NFTD), Kiwi Q-Kit, and Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE.

    Q-Kit will hold my asthma inhaler, other pouches will hold knitter stuff (stitch markers, mini scissors, etc.)
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

    Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

  5. #170
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,831
    @pinkknits How did they manage to find you one of the older style Side Effects in Black 400d Dyneema/Wasabi with the black cord pulls instead of the new Gun metal gray zippers? I think that's the old design with black on the metal zipper part, and not simply with added cord pulls to clipped Gun metal zipper tabs.

    moriond

  6. #171
    Registered User pinkknits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    University Place, Wa
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @pinkknits How did they manage to find you one of the older style Side Effects in Black 400d Dyneema/Wasabi with the black cord pulls instead of the new Gun metal gray zippers? I think that's the old design with black on the metal zipper part, and not simply with added cord pulls to clipped Gun metal zipper tabs.

    moriond
    It was what was on the shelf (last Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE on the hanger, unsure if they had more in the back), so I grabbed it. Just one of the benefits of hitting up the storefront, you never know what you'll get!
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

    Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

  7. #172
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,831
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkknits View Post
    It was what was on the shelf (last Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE on the hanger, unsure if they had more in the back), so I grabbed it. Just one of the benefits of hitting up the storefront, you never know what you'll get!
    I'm jealous -- well, not really in this case, since I ordered the Black Dyneema/Wasabi Side Effect when the cord pulls were the norm, but I have called in with exact color/product availability questions and not gotten products. (For example, I called in on the afternoon of their summer product launch to ask about kiwi Q- Kit availability, only to be told they'd sold out completely. But @monkeylady managed to find one of these when she stopped in the next morning. Sigh… I still don't have one of these in Kiwi, although they sent me ones in Aubergine. Cioyote, and two in Forest.) Just sayin' you have an unfair advantage, so appreciate it.

  8. #173
    Registered User adalangdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    (For example, I called in on the afternoon of their summer product launch to ask about kiwi Q- Kit availability, only to be told they'd sold out completely.
    Yeah, it's crazy like that. Pouches can appear (and disappear) overnight! While there were only Kiwi pen cases late last week, there are a few small OPs as of today. Just a heads-up to fellow Kiwi fans . . .
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

  9. #174
    Registered User Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I'm jealous --Just sayin' you have an unfair advantage, so appreciate it.
    I shortened the quote and changed it a bit by doing so (sorry), but that is what I am feeling. On the other hand: if I'd live next door to the Tom Bihn store... I'd probably gone to yale by now because I would have ignored the restraining order once too often and my disguising-abilities are not too good.

    Ilkyway

  10. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    On the other hand: if I'd live next door to the Tom Bihn store... I'd probably gone to yale by now because I would have ignored the restraining order once too often and my disguising-abilities are not too good.

    Ilkyway
    @Ilkyway - this made me smile, I know you mean Jail and I am in awe of your multilingual ability - something not emphasized in the United States where most of us only speak English - but Yale is one of our outstanding universities in the state of Connecticut, and this made me giggle!

    Your posts are delightful and I think you are great!

  11. #176
    Registered User Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    1,025
    Well thank you GoStanford for giving the opportunity back to laugh. I honestly busted out loud when I came to the university-part. I know I make mistakes and I know you all are great in overlooking them. But I would never had guessed this particular funny one if you had not pointed it out. Thank you. Scribe is the only other person to sometimes point the funny once out. I like that, I have to say, because I love language and I like to be in on the jokes I accidentally make. So, if next time it is as far from my intended meaning like Jail and Yale or howl and haul feel free to point it out!

    And as for us non Americans learning all English: It started with Friends (very poorly synchronized to German), than came Terry Pratchett (I know - British), after that D. Adams for sure and than I was hooked. And I have to say many audio-books that origin in English language are shortened for the German Customers. I am so furious about this. They cut out pieces so that it fits on just 6 or what CDs. I had a fight with my mother about this once. She argued, that they wont cut out important stuff. I asked her if she would like them to cut pictures too, so that they would fit smaller frames (what about half a Mona Lisa?). But the English versions of the same Books are almost all the time unabridged. And there you have (one) reason, why my tiping is so... funny. I mostly listen to English. The reading part is only about 10% of my English-Consuming. Did you want to know all this? Probably not, but thank you for reading it anyway ;-)

    This forum in fact helped me a lot in improving my ability to form sentences. If you only listen/read you learn to understand (I think there is not much I do not get. The most difficult book I listened to for now was "Thinking, Fast and Slow" but speaking/writing is a totally different challenge.

    Thanks for being awesome You ALL!
    Ilkyway

  12. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Posts
    126
    Iklyway- I find your typos delightful! And your English is way better than my German ever was- even when I took it in University.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian , PU in coyote/steel (this bag is not just for parents), SE in black/iberian and coyote/steel, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz in black and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag which would be a slightly larger Night Flight or a slightly smaller Skookum duffle.

  13. #178
    Registered User Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    1,025
    That is easily explained: we do not have that many good Films, Series and Books to get you hooked to our language. Sure we have some pritty good classics and there a some briliant resent authors but America combined with GB outnumbers us by fare. So I had so much more to chose from. And to learn a language at school/university is (mostly) no fun = meaning not easy to learn and you miss out quite a lot. My English-Teacher did not know the word sibling, did not know how to pronounce Dinosaur (clearly she had not seen Friends!) and did not know/could not explain the "knock-knock-jokes" to me (which I still don't get by the way). And we set all these traps with our "der", "die" and "das".

    I can not speak/understand frensh because I do not like most of their films (the exceptions are extraordinary though!).

  14. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Well thank you GoStanford for giving the opportunity back to laugh. I honestly busted out loud when I came to the university-part. I know I make mistakes and I know you all are great in overlooking them. But I would never had guessed this particular funny one if you had not pointed it out. Thank you. Scribe is the only other person to sometimes point the funny once out. I like that, I have to say, because I love language and I like to be in on the jokes I accidentally make. So, if next time it is as far from my intended meaning like Jail and Yale or howl and haul feel free to point it out!

    And as for us non Americans learning all English: It started with Friends (very poorly synchronized to German), than came Terry Pratchett (I know - British), after that D. Adams for sure and than I was hooked. And I have to say many audio-books that origin in English language are shortened for the German Customers. I am so furious about this. They cut out pieces so that it fits on just 6 or what CDs. I had a fight with my mother about this once. She argued, that they wont cut out important stuff. I asked her if she would like them to cut pictures too, so that they would fit smaller frames (what about half a Mona Lisa?). But the English versions of the same Books are almost all the time unabridged. And there you have (one) reason, why my tiping is so... funny. I mostly listen to English. The reading part is only about 10% of my English-Consuming. Did you want to know all this? Probably not, but thank you for reading it anyway ;-)

    This forum in fact helped me a lot in improving my ability to form sentences. If you only listen/read you learn to understand (I think there is not much I do not get. The most difficult book I listened to for now was "Thinking, Fast and Slow" but speaking/writing is a totally different challenge.

    Thanks for being awesome You ALL!
    Ilkyway
    Below is the link to a free ebook library called Project Gutenberg.

    All Books (sorted by popularity) - Project Gutenberg

    It originated in the U.S where most books are out of copyright 100 years after their publication.

    It is the same in France, I don't know about Germany.


    Being French born, I found that reading English language classic works and watching classic film with subtitles was very helpful to grasp English, a dictionary was a great help, online ones are even easier to use.

    It helps a lot with words that sound the same, their meanings, can be found, just from the spelling.


    U.S English has an extra twist, verbs and prepositions (above, about, across, against, along, among, around, at, before, behind, below, beneath, beside, between, beyond, by, down, during, except, for, from, in, inside, into, like, near, of, off, on, since, to, toward, through, under, until, up, upon, with and within) can be combined and essentially form another word, which, can only be understood from the context.

    For example: Our moderators put up with our posts changing direction. Our moderators tolerate our posts changing direction. Both mean the same, but put up with is not in the dictionary.

    putting on = wearing, putting off= procrastinating, putting down=humiliating, talking down.

  15. #180
    Registered User Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    1,025
    Oh backpack I had read before that you are French, please please put up with my stupid comments! I do not get the language and I am happy, that we won at the WMM but I LOVE the food and the parts I have seen so far (mostly the plateau Aubrac) because we are farmers and the cattle we bread are from France. They are the most beautifully cattle you can find on this planet, they even use eyeliner:

    Name:  P1040003.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  541.2 KB

    The reason I keep forgetting that you are native French is obvious: I can not distinguish your English from native Americans. I do not think, that I will get so far with my English but as long as you keep assuring me, that you get what I am trying to say...

    Ilkyway

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0