Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 8 Post By Maria
  • 2 Post By Katy
  • 1 Post By Katy
  • 2 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By Katy
  • 2 Post By rabergnc

Thread: YIPEE! Western Flyer in Steel and SOLAR!

YIPEE! Western Flyer in Steel and SOLAR!

A big THANK YOU to all who helped me get a Steel / SOLAR Western Flyer while there is still a bit of Solar left! I am so grateful. Now I cannot help stare at it, and am so surprised how much this things looks like it can hold. As usual, I am spoiled with the TB quality, and wonder - who stitched up this fabulous quality bag? Hugs to whomever it may be!

The UPS package was delivered faster than expected, and I was a little worried that my cat would claim it as his own. He tends to do that, especially with TB organizer pouches! So here are a few photos. First he was interested in the packing box. Then decided to play coy with the bag, until he thought that being nonchalant would be best...or he was bored. He was perhaps expecting Katy to send him a toy mouse. He'll have to wait for his own Aeronaut!

Name:  IMG_8792.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  76.2 KBName:  IMG_8799.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  95.8 KBName:  IMG_8800.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  97.1 KBName:  IMG_8815.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  90.9 KBName:  IMG_8817.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  101.7 KB

THANK YOU!

Did I mention how much I like this beautiful colour combination?!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Mika is clearly climbing into the box so he can be shipped to me. It's obvious. ;).
    Maria and TavaPeak like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Oh my. That's very nice.

Katy -- do you have any of the Steel/Solar WFs with backpack straps left? How about the Navy/Solar ones?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Mika is clearly climbing into the box so he can be shipped to me. It's obvious. ;).
    Maybe Baxter and Mika will want to do some sort of "foreign exchange student" type thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Oh my. That's very nice.

Katy -- do you have any of the Steel/Solar WFs with backpack straps left? How about the Navy/Solar ones?
    We JUST ran out of the Steel/Solar Western Flyers with Backpack Straps. We DO have Navy/Solar :).

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Maybe Baxter and Mika will want to do some sort of "foreign exchange student" type thing?
    Hehe! I don't even want to think about the headaches that would cause (literally.. Baxter hates car rides. HATES)

We JUST ran out of the Steel/Solar Western Flyers with Backpack Straps. We DO have Navy/Solar :).
    (((sigh)))

You saw that order from me earlier this week, right? I was SOOO close to ordering it then. But since I'm planning on ultra-extreme light packing it with my Synapse for my trip to Japan, I thought I could wait, so I decided not to get it. GRRRR I should've gotten one!!!

Oh well. At least the good thing is that we all know that the steel/solar WFs have all gone to loving paren... er... owners.

...I think I may slink off and order the Navy one now.
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Hehe! I don't even want to think about the headaches that would cause (literally.. Baxter hates car rides. HATES)
    Who said we'd have to drive? They would probably expect we charter a private jet. Mika doesn't really enjoy the car either, but at least he is quiet, and just sleeps in his carrier.

Actually - we'd probably have to wait until next year then, save up a few more pennies. Private jets are pricey!

(((sigh)))

You saw that order from me earlier this week, right? I was SOOO close to ordering it then. But since I'm planning on ultra-extreme light packing it with my Synapse for my trip to Japan, I thought I could wait, so I decided not to get it. GRRRR I should've gotten one!!!

Oh well. At least the good thing is that we all know that the steel/solar WFs have all gone to loving paren... er... owners.

...I think I may slink off and order the Navy one now.

Aw :(. Navy/Solar is awesome too! We can match! I have a Navy/Solar Tri-Star :)
    Lani likes this.

Yay, my Navy/Solar Western Flyer arrived today! If I weren't conducting my ultra-light experiment this upcoming trip with my Synapse, I'd be using this one.

Here's a photo. So pretty, the colors! And do you notice that card in the middle? That just made my day!

ncb4 and TavaPeak like this.

Katy - I am impressed with your handwriting. Mine was NEVER so neat and legible .... and probably never will be...

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    Katy - I am impressed with your handwriting. Mine was NEVER so neat and legible .... and probably never will be...
    Thanks! :). My cursive (as shown) is nice but my print is terrible. I've noticed over the years that the more that I use computers, the more terrible my handwriting gets :).

I've found this to be quite true: How my handwriting has changed since Kindergarten - The Oatmeal

Wink

Thanks! :). My cursive (as shown) is nice but my print is terrible. I've noticed over the years that the more that I use computers, the more terrible my handwriting gets :).

I've found this to be quite true: How my handwriting has changed since Kindergarten - The Oatmeal
    I think I jumped from kindergarten right to 3 years after the keyboard without the other steps!
    Lani and Katy like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Yay, my Navy/Solar Western Flyer arrived today! If I weren't conducting my ultra-light experiment this upcoming trip with my Synapse, I'd be using this one.

Here's a photo. So pretty, the colors! And do you notice that card in the middle? That just made my day!

I didn't comment on this earlier, but I really like the new QR codes that they've put inside the water bottle pocket. I assume this started when they added these codes to the new Ristrettos in March and also to the shipping boxes. This will probably serve as a way to date these bags as late epoch Western Flyers (what with the disappearance of Solar Dyneema interiors), and will let future bag historians place the production date to within a few months!

Another benefit is that when you're traveling and someone admires your bag, you can let them take a picture of the QR code in an app on their smartphone, and pull up the link to the Tom Bihn web page (or alternatively, call the 800 number, if they just took a picture with their cell phone camera.). Of course, the flap of the Ristrettos is probably easier to access than this inside pocket, if you still have a water bottle, etc. in it – or I tend to stuff in either an umbrella or a light windbreaker jacket if I'm traveling to somewhere where the forecast is for rain. But usually people admire the bag when you've just pulled it out, anyway.

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0