Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Badger's mobile office, parts I and II

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    You know, if all of us dog parents could make a collective pilgrimage to the Seattle store, that would be AWESOME.
    Oh you have NO IDEA what you're suggesting. The WhiteStar crew would take over Seattle.....
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I would totally bring them. I'm not sure how you'd feel about them after 5 minutes of listening to Hector bark his head off, like he's doing right now.
    He has things to say!
    Maria and Janine like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Katy, The Trivium is super interesting--it was written in 1937. By a nun. (Who was also a rhetorician.) It's been updated nicely for the contemporary reader, and makes a compelling case for the interconnection of grammar, logic, and rhetoric, which is just as urgent today as it was 75 years ago. Also: one day you will arrive at work to find me with my face pressed against the glass, corgis in tow, waiting for the warehouse to open. You've been warned!
    On my list now too. Badger you have wonderful books and if you recommend something - well 'nuff said!

And if corgis are in tow - for those of us that may not be able to attend - expecting.... rather - demanding - plenty of photos!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStar View Post
    Oh you have NO IDEA what you're suggesting. The WhiteStar crew would take over Seattle.....
    We could have a meet up at the dog park!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    He has things to say!
    "PEOPLE!!! GOING TO THEIR CARS!!! I MUST BARK BARK BARK AT THEM BECAUSE I LOVE THEM!!! WHY CAN'T I SEE THE PEOPLE I LOVE!!! I AM SO SHORT!!!"

The one by the Pope is The Spirit of the Liturgy, the reading of which is my Lenten discipline--don't ask me how it's going :(

The other one is about religion in composition studies. It's called (I think) Negotiating Religious Faith in the Writing Classroom.

Tell your better half to PM me sometime if she's on the forum. It's nice to hear of people who share my scholarly interests and have good taste in bags, because let me tell you: them's slim pickins (Indyracers not included, of course, but he never posts here so whatever).
    She's not on the forums, she's a bit busy with the whole getting a second master's degree and then getting a PhD . . . Although, if it helps my case, I'm the one who got her into TB bags (and I have more of them, although we share them anyway, since we're pretty much the same size & both love purple but use black bags for school) and I have similar scholarly interests (but I've taken the long, long, long road in academia, I'm still working on my BA).
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    We could have a meet up at the dog park!
    If we actually lived within driving distance of Seattle, we would be there!
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    She's not on the forums, she's a bit busy with the whole getting a second master's degree and then getting a PhD . . . Although, if it helps my case, I'm the one who got her into TB bags (and I have more of them, although we share them anyway, since we're pretty much the same size & both love purple but use black bags for school) and I have similar scholarly interests (but I've taken the long, long, long road in academia, I'm still working on my BA).
    Well, consider yourself PM'd, then!

So I might get to come to Seattle for a work trip and I'm totally planning a trip to the store if I do! Crossing my fingers that I'm on the list of people that get to go! :)

[QUOTE=Badger;35649]The one by the Pope is The Spirit of the Liturgy, the reading of which is my Lenten discipline--don't ask me how it's going :(

It never even occurred to me to read something like this, or any other spiritual reading, for Lent. Thank you Badger, I'll have to do this next time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0