Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Stealth Order

Great to find out other people feel like I do!

Initially, I discounted the SA as an unstructured backpack, but realizing that it has the same capacity as the WF, and thinking that there are times when I just want a simple bag, has made me think again!

I was going to order the Steel combo but based on the comments here from backpack, I think I might just order the one with the Iberian lining and wait for the backorder to be available in May. It just looks like it might be a perfect little sleepover-type bag.

PS: Is there a clip on the inside to use your snaphook with?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Anybody else using the SA for an overnight bag? Do you use it in conjunction with packing cubes? if so, what combination?
    darbs likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Anybody else using the SA for an overnight bag? Do you use it in conjunction with packing cubes? if so, what combination?
    I tried putting in the WF large cube and it's too big. What DOES fit, quite splendidly really, is the Eagle Creek 15" packing sleeve. Also, you guys will love this: the new ultra-lightweight Specter System. I think the regular-size Cube would work well in the SA. And it weighs one freakin' ounce!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    My SA is black/black/steel and I find it dark inside. However, I've got poor vision (seriously, I am photo-phobic AND my eyes don't dilate properly, which makes those yearly trips to the optometrist absolutely delightful).
    I had been using the pre-existing Smart Alec in the house last semester, which is Black/Black/Steel, but I had trouble with the interior being too dark. I purchased the Black/Black/Iberian in January and it's been great. Also, this latest batch has a better placement (and number) of o-rings. (The older one was from August 2009.) My eyes are awful, too -- but I really don't like Solar Dyneema as an interior color, which makes things very difficult.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    I had been using the pre-existing Smart Alec in the house last semester, which is Black/Black/Steel, but I had trouble with the interior being too dark. I purchased the Black/Black/Iberian in January and it's been great. Also, this latest batch has a better placement (and number) of o-rings. (The older one was from August 2009.) My eyes are awful, too -- but I really don't like Solar Dyneema as an interior color, which makes things very difficult.
    I really like B/B/I too--that's what color my Aeronaut is. I'm hoping that the addition of the Freudian Slip will help with the darkness: instead of riffling around looking for X folder, I can just grab all the folders at once.

See, I like the Cardinal on the outside. Mostly because I love red and almost all of my travel bags are some shade of red. I just think the Steel inside will be too dark. I'm not a huge fan of solid black bags. My eyes aren't that bad and I'm thinking the Guardian would solve most problems. I end up shining my phone in almost all of my bags anyway. I wish the Black/Cardinal came with Iberian on the inside. I would snap it up. I've got Katy sending me a swatch of the Forest to check out. It could work...although I might look like a Christmas tree when I combine it with my other bags. LOL!

Black/Steel/UV would be swoon worthy.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I'm hoping that the addition of the Freudian Slip will help
    You won't believe how great it is. It's my favorite accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I was going to order the Steel combo but based on the comments here from backpack, I think I might just order the one with the Iberian lining and wait for the backorder to be available in May.
    I hate myself sometimes. I have so little patience, and it's gotta be instant gratification. Given the upcoming shorter weekend trips I've got coming, I decided I didn't want to wait until May... so I got a black/black/steel one today. Yay for a new TB order!!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    You won't believe how great it is. It's my favorite accessory.
    I whole heartedly agree. I had/have a horizontal version and never really used it. When I got the Smart Alec, I also got a vertical version and cannot imagine being without it for my daily use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I hate myself sometimes. I have so little patience, and it's gotta be instant gratification. Given the upcoming shorter weekend trips I've got coming, I decided I didn't want to wait until May... so I got a black/black/steel one today. Yay for a new TB order!!!
    I think you'll like it a lot, Lani. And while I can be very patient (for example, I really want a Black/Iberian Cadet and I will wait for it), there is a certain virtue in taking what you can get: sometimes going with my "second choice" has led me to appreciate new colors, new designs, and new ways of carrying my stuff.

Part of me does wish that the interior of my Steel WF was Solar and not UV, but whatever.

Wow. This thread just blows me away. People at the company actually....

a) knew the purchaser had a corgi, and

b) took the initiative to draw one on the box, and

c) drew one that artfully, beautifully done, and

d) were excited about doing so and tracked his shipment, waiting to see what his response would be?

In an era of impersonalized commerce, especially online, this is incredible. Combining products of this caliber with personalized, joyful service like this? Just fantastic.

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I asked them to draw the corgi. I didn't expect it to be a realistic one, though--honestly, I would have been thrilled with a stick-figure corgi. I was so, so happy to get that box. I'm trying to get the real corgis to pose with it, but they're pretty stubborn so I won't hold my breath.

All in all, this is a great community. The TB employees are awesome, and I've learned a lot from the people on this forum. So many forums are full of nastiness and BS, but this one is solid.

To everyone else: thanks for the support with the Freudian Slip. I'm looking forward to stuffing it full of my scholarly prose and rolling down to STL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0