Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Co-Pilot In Cardinal (With a certain monster on the packaging!)

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    The kitchen knife wasn't for the metal, it was to separate the poly on the corded pulls I had already attached. The needle nosed pliers worked the best. One at the pull end, one at the supper mechanism end and bend till the metal breaks then snap. Scissors were about to impale me.
    So you did manage this surgery after all, without suffering any injury? Sounds like a miracle.

Heavy duty wire snips made quick work of removing the zipper pulls. Even for a "weakling" like me. I searched the forums before attempting surgery on my new Co-Pilot last night and found a post from Tom himself that suggested cutting the pull twice so that you don't have to bend it to remove it. Worked like a charm.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    The kitchen knife wasn't for the metal, it was to separate the poly on the corded pulls I had already attached. The needle nosed pliers worked the best. One at the pull end, one at the supper mechanism end and bend till the metal breaks then snap. Scissors were about to impale me.
    I'm going to attempt this now. Wish me luck!

*Done. The hardest & longest time was separating the poly on the corded pulls that were already attached. I had my husband break the metal zippers using the needle nose pliers which only took a few seconds each.
    Last edited by TXGirl; 03-18-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    This first photos shows everything I managed to fit inside the bag. I wasn't sure if my Klean Kanteen would fit as it's one of the wide 18oz bottles but it went in without a problem!

Attachment 2119
    Love Neverwhere! :)
    gizmo likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0